Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ost oil pressure on my 2005 road glide
Its got the 95 kit installed but now need oil pump and maybe more have to open up and see any ideas what the best way to go is ive got anouther 88 twin cam already on the bike so motor is sitting on my bench waiting to see I bout the bike used but has the 95 kit and Andrews cams right now/

·
Just Ride
3,025 Posts
Cam followers probably toast and clogged up oil passages. Pull cam cover and take a look.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tensioners are there yes they a worn but still there in one piece goig to open the case and take a look at crank and rod bearings pulled the pump and it showed what looked like a lot of ware

·
Retired citizen
21,752 Posts
On the oil pump body look for any wear around the kidney shaped slots. Wear in that area causes low or loss of oil pressure.
Also pinion shaft runout affects pump wear. Fueling recommends only .002" runout for their pumps!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Scmidty I think thats what happened but checking every thing out and going with the hydric tensioners and high volume oil pimp pulled one head ring are within tolerance but not sure about any thing else yet not looking like I need to do the bottom end yet

·
old scoot coot
2,516 Posts
thanks Scmidty I think thats what happened but checking every thing out and going with the hydric tensioners and high volume oil pimp pulled one head ring are within tolerance but not sure about any thing else yet not looking like I need to do the bottom end yet
looks like you dodged a bullit there buck. hydraulic tensioners and pump. new inner cam bearings while you are in there. i'd check pressure relief valve and spring for proper seating. maybe a zippers spring and seat kit, not expensive at all about fifty bucks. and back in the saddle again!:grin

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I think ill have time to go though everything including checking the cam tensioners on the 88 I have in the bike right no I want to make sure the 95 is in god shape before I put it back in the bike

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well after pulling the cases apart there is to much slop in the rear cylinder o the crank shaft so now a dilemma do I pull the 88 and use the heads and pistons on it with that crank shaft or try to find used crank and put that in and just put tensioner on the 88 I dont have but the one bike that the 88 will do any good on my wide glide has the 96 6 speed so woulld just be fixing for the side car hack or could just fix 88 and learve the heads and cams pistons to gather dust on the work bench ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts