Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, new here 1st post. I am ok workin on Panheads, but the Twin cam is new to me. The bike I am workin on is a 2001 Roadking Police fuel injected model. It has been upgraded to 95" with forged hi comp pistons, 204 cams and SE heads. I have bought the SE cam plate and oil pump kit #25284-11. The instructions do not show the bolts for the oil pump, am I supposed to use the stock oil pump bolts or can I go buy some grade 8 shcs to use in it? Thanx for any replies!

·
Banned
71 Posts
Howdy, new here 1st post. I am ok workin on Panheads, but the Twin cam is new to me. The bike I am workin on is a 2001 Roadking Police fuel injected model. It has been upgraded to 95" with forged hi comp pistons, 204 cams and SE heads. I have bought the SE cam plate and oil pump kit #25284-11. The instructions do not show the bolts for the oil pump, am I supposed to use the stock oil pump bolts or can I go buy some grade 8 shcs to use in it? Thanx for any replies!
Re-use your bolts w/ blue LocTite. You are only screwing into alum, so no need for super strong bolts .

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,956 Posts
Re-use your bolts w/ blue LocTite. You are only screwing into alum, so no need for super strong bolts .
Same advice here. Loctite and be sure to properly torque.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys, the instructions that came with the various kits that I had to buy are more than a little vague.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Thanx guys, the instructions that came with the various kits that I had to buy are more than a little vague.
One "kit" is just one bolt......... use red loctite on yours . Return kit .
Other "kit" is five spacers, most likely can use yours, if not, for five bucks you can get the one spacer you need . Return kit .

·
Registered
42,085 Posts
Use the oil pump alignment pins to center the oil pump housing on installation.

·
Retired citizen
24,275 Posts
Also rotate the engine several revolutions with the pump bolts slightly loose to align the oil pump. If using the alignment pins snug finger tight and rotate the engine several revs then tighten.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts