Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing the oil in my 2012 EG Classic 103. I want to change to AMS Oil but my dealer says it will void warranty. Sounds like BS to me. Any body know for sure?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Changing the oil in my 2012 EG Classic 103. I want to change to AMS Oil but my dealer says it will void warranty. Sounds like BS to me. Any body know for sure?
It is BS. Will not void your warranty. Harley just wants you to buy their oil, which they purchase from another company and stamp the Harley name on the bottle.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Find a new dealer to hang out at.
Once I get a bike and the shop manuals, I find a good indy, and Harley Never sees my bike again. For this and many many other reasons.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Just before you find a new dealer ask that person if he is familiar with the Magnuson- Moss Act. Then tell him he better read up if he's gonna stay in the business.
Businessperson's Guide to Federal Warranty Law | BCP Business Center

There is a section in the MM Act that says if a dealer specifies that a certain brand product be used (like oil) to maintain warranty, then the dealer must provide that product at their own expense.

·
100k Harley,100kBMW
258 Posts
It is BS. Will not void your warranty. Harley just wants you to buy their oil, which they purchase from another company and stamp the Harley name on the bottle.
Dealer looking out for his own Pocketbook. Although the synthetic H-D oil is as good as any.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Total BS. Put what you want back in when you change it out.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Dealer looking out for his own Pocketbook. Although the synthetic H-D oil is as good as any.
Wrong.......Syn 3 is not even a full synthetic only a blend, but enough of a blend they can call full synthetic.
Also made by Citgo which is a commi Venazuelan company.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I figured it was BS but it doesn't hurt to ask. Been a couple of issues with my dealer but nothing major. I griped to them about it and it got take care of. Thanks for help. a lot of good info here.:thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts