Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil is coming up threw the pipe from oil pump to breather . And spewing out. When I finally got some start issues fixed. I’m not real sure about this problem. I did take the carburetor off and rebuilt it. Anybody could shed some light on this I’d appreciate it . I’m about to pull my hair out at this point

·
Retired citizen
22,291 Posts
Oil is coming up threw the pipe from oil pump to breather . And spewing out. When I finally got some start issues fixed. I’m not real sure about this problem. I did take the carburetor off and rebuilt it. Anybody could shed some light on this I’d appreciate it . I’m about to pull my hair out at this point
Crankcase is 'sumped', common problem after the bike has sat for a while. Oil tank is higher than the crankcase so oil seeps past the oil pump check valve and fills the case. Starting the engine with a sumped case causes the pump to overload and the excess oil spurts out of the breather.
My advice is to clean up the mess, run the engine until the excess oil blows out then fill the oil tank to the proper level.
Then remember to never add oil to the oil tank until the engine has been run even if the dipstick shows the oil level to be low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts