Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my bike dynoed this weekend and a little trouble with the guys saying my FP wasnt workin foud out it was bull but im still gettin the PCIII that way i can adjust a little bit because its running rich basied on the dyno!

but you guys tell me what you tink about the numbers i know more about cars on the dyno not bikes???

the peak HP was 57
54% humidity

but the a/f ratio had a dip at the start to14.7:1 then massively riched up to 17:1 then slowy dipped to 16:1 right in the middle then back up to 17.7:1 more or less it sounds rich to me but i would like your input? carts good but thouse guys were just tryin to sell me the PCIII for 400 bucks

·
Registered
40,733 Posts
Slowhound is right, you are running lean. A/F should be in the neighborhood of 13:1.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so those guys are truly full of shit man i had my numbers backasswards its been a while since ive seen a dyno report thanks for the correction..i just get confused when im stressing out......so getting that PCIII would assumably help?

sometimes i wish my bike was carbed... modern fuel injection sucks

·
blk bassani thunder
1,248 Posts
Do you have any modifications done to your bike? You need sometime of ECU upgrade or remapping if you have a fuel injected bike with modifications or it will run way to lean.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
so those guys are truly full of shit man i had my numbers backasswards its been a while since ive seen a dyno report thanks for the correction..i just get confused when im stressing out......so getting that PCIII would assumably help?

sometimes i wish my bike was carbed... modern fuel injection sucks

Thats exactly what its for. Bring it back for a dyno tune when you get it installed and your bike will be dialed in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i figurd but i have the fuel pak on and its still runnin so lean or mabye they were right sayin its not workin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any modifications done to your bike? You need sometime of ECU upgrade or remapping if you have a fuel injected bike with modifications or it will run way to lean.

i know i have the fuel pak and vance hines shortshots adn air cleaner but apparently the fuel paks not even workin

·
blk bassani thunder
1,248 Posts
Currently I have the SE stage 1 air cleaner with v&h short shots with a PCIII and it runs great but it was dialed in on the dyno. I want to change some things now with not having to save up all the money for the whole set-up I want but I'm afraid just something simple and I will have to bring it back to the dyno and thats not cheap. I wish I could have some other alternatives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts