Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my seat and the passenger seat redone at Mean City and the seats are a lot better but after doing 225 miles on Friday my butt hurt. So what are you guy's doing to help your butt, is there anything like gel pads or sheepskins that might help??????

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Sheep skin. Did 570, 758, NH to PA, and 2-430 days back to back with no issues. Rain and shine.

Vinyl is plastic. Plastic makes ass sweat.

Ever see a sweaty sheep? Lol

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,116 Posts
another option would be an air hawk with neoprene.
+1 I also inflate it more then they tell you, really helps. So far, 600 miles one day.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
In my limited experience I would have to say comfort is directly related to how much contact your cheeks have with the seat. The stock seat on my 13 FXDC was simply barbaric. I swear only my ass bones actually touched the seat. I swapped out to a HD tall boy seat, and it actually fits my butt. Previously I was done after about an hour if many stops weren't in the mix. Now I can ride ALL day with no discomfort. Last month I rode the Blue Ridge and Skyline drive BOTH ways from light till dark each day with very few stops. My butt didn't hurt, but I was wiped out mentally from the ride. Not like floating down the slab for 500 miles.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,602 Posts
Still riding on the Air Zepp seat on the Ultra. I've done a few 1k days and more days than I care to remember over 500 miles. At the end of a long day, your ass is gonna hurt a bit no matter what kind of cushion you provide. Get off occasionally and walk a few yards and stretch out to get the blood flowing again. It do help a lot.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
Ask Stangs. He has the sheepdog on his. Looks like eff, but he loves it. Not sure how he can be so vain about every detail on that beauty and then throw all caution to the wind and put a mid-70's Playboy crotch shot on for a seat, but to each his own.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Ask Stangs. He has the sheepdog on his. Looks like eff, but he loves it. Not sure how he can be so vain about every detail on that beauty and then throw all caution to the wind and put a mid-70's Playboy crotch shot on for a seat, but to each his own.

I can do that, because unlike you, I TRULY, don't give a eff. :eek

I'm function over form, unlike you pretty bastards.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
I can do that, because unlike you, I TRULY, don't give a eff. :eek

I'm function over form, unlike you pretty bastards.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's why you painted the thing six times before your were "moderately" happy with it.

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
Well, now I know for the next Collision to text stangs and tell him the cops are stealing his seat wookie. See how fast he runs out of his hotel room for that.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's why you painted the thing six times before your were "moderately" happy with it.

Get your story straight. It's back to stock.... and it only took two times.

Well, now I know for the next Collision to text stangs and tell him the cops are stealing his seat wookie. See how fast he runs out of his hotel room for that.

:2guns

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts

"Seat wookie" is going in the Forum Gloss.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts