Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
If you have to store your motorcycle for winter, do you visit it?

I do :eek:
Heck no I wouldn't have to go visit it.
Cause it would be sitting right there in the living room,
like the magnificent work of mechanical sculpture and metal art that it is. :notw:

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
At the other extreme...

Ok, tell the truth
Have you made family friends and neighbors certain that you are NUTS
by taking your bike into the house?
In order to be able to brag about it, there must to have been stairs
and risk involved. And a bike that weighs over 500 lbs.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I visit with my baby and reassure her that there will be nice days for us to go out and have some fun but she just sighs.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
If it's cold for days on end and I don't get to ride her I go out and check on her from time to time :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
No storing for me. Just covered and trickle charger. If there is no ice or salt on the roads, I'll still get them out. Layers of clothing and a full face helmet does wonders in the cold. I can usually make it into January in Ohio before it gets too bad. Then there are usually some days where it warms up and rains to wash the salt off enough to get back out.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
EVERY DAY! I even sit on it sometimes and imagine that it's warm and I'm riding. But, no.. I don't make engine noises. I don't actually store it though. It's under a cover in my garage, with the battery tender hooked up, fresh oil, and a full tank of gas. Just in case there's a clear day.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EVERY DAY! I even sit on it sometimes and imagine that it's warm and I'm riding. But, no.. I don't make engine noises. I don't actually store it though. It's under a cover in my garage, with the battery tender hooked up, fresh oil, and a full tank of gas. Just in case there's a clear day.
Are you sure?;)

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
I don't have to store mine for the winter. :D
But, I have been known to sneak out to the garage, light up a stogie and just sit and watch them sleeping at night.:D

Ride Free, Ride Safe,
Vettster

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine has two other friends to keep her company in the garage,and neither of them sit for any length of time <wellllll..except for Yammi>;)
Even if its just a quick ride down the street or through town..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I keep mine covered in the corner of the garage. My ritual is that after I button it up, I don't peel back the cover until it's Spring riding time. Uncovering is like unwrapping presents on Christmas morning. :dance

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dad used to tell me that you get more with gentleness and finese than you do with forcefullness. I've tried both, and while they both do work, I have to agree with Dad. :)
Dad's are smart!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts