Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a 1979 sporster XLS.it has been down for many years and i would like to get it goin again before i get to old to kick it over.it seem to be hard to find parts for this ride.i live in Nova Scotia Canada way out in the sticks.thought i would join here maybe for some help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks

thank you for the quick reply.hope i can soon get at putting my rig back on the road.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Dave is the master, but in my opinion if the carb has been sitting more than a year or so you are just better off replacing it from the get-go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carb.

the bike has been layed up for about 20 years.but i took the carb. off and had it cleaned out along time ago.but i guess i'am in for a major rebiuld and that is y i'am here to seek out some help.i have striped the motor down before when a valve spring broke and the valve went throught the top of the piston.i put her back together and it started,so i am goin to try it again.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
cbs, I just visited your neck of the woods. What great riding! I guess you get most of your parts through the mail? Or are you near the big city?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
neck of the woods

eze rider i'am 3 hours from Halifax.If u came over on the Cat at Yarmouth u were real close to where i live,about 45 min. from yarmouth.so did u make it to the wharf rat rally? labour day weekend.i was just looking at ur pic. and u were close,when u were at Thompsons reatarant in Clyde River that's 15 min. from here.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
eze rider i'am 3 hours from Halifax.If u came over on the Cat at Yarmouth u were real close to where i live,about 45 min. from yarmouth.so did u make it to the wharf rat rally? labour day weekend.i was just looking at ur pic. and u were close,when u were at Thompsons reatarant in Clyde River that's 15 min. from here.

I didnt make the rally but I really enjoyed Nova Scotia. The people and the natural landscape were A1. Thompsons had some great food and I will always remember the ride!

PS: Dave is the man.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carb.

that would b great dave63 as long as u r not in a rush coz money is alittle short rite now.i'am a lobster fisherman and the season doesn't start till the last monday in november and i will not get payed till sometime in dec. but thanks for the help,i wasn't expecting this much help this quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts