Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back into the game with a new Fatty......Boy things sure have changed. I hope I can keep up without getting pissed off. The scoot looks awsome, rides better than my old ride, but the heat is driving me mad. Can't Harley come up with a bike that you don't have to throw hundreds, maybe thousands of $$$ as soon as you leave the door? Yea, I'll put pipes on, new A/C....probably a stage 1 download. But I sure as hell don't want to get in to the world of fuel controllers, maps, and the like. Confusing....expensive....and from what I read, sometimes ineffective. AND...I wanted to make these add-ons as the $$$ permitted, not right out of the gate. My motor is WAY, WAY HOTTER than my last bike(03)...and that can't be good, regardless of what the mechanic says. I should have done more research and bought an older, carburated model.... then putt around like the old days:pull

Enough raving...the posts are full with this and we all know what we need to do....spend more $$$.
Anyway, hello all....didn't mean to upset your breakfast...just wanted to say hi

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Howdy Arizona, welcome aboard. You know what the MoCo says,i new bike is just the down payment on the accesseries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya. I was wanting to put that money into chrome and other goodies...not trying different fuel management products to get the thing to cool down and run correctly.
I'll get there....just going to take a little longer

Peace.....AF

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome I was told synthetic oil will help eng. run cooler. I know it helped my sporty run quieter and shift easier or so it seems.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome I was told synthetic oil will help eng. run cooler. I know it helped my sporty run quieter and shift easier or so it seems.
That's the one recommendation my salesman had as he was giving me the tour of the bike before I took delivery. He didn't say why (and I didn't think to ask), but your post makes me realize that may be the reason.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Synthetic oil always helps but the main reason for the heat is a lean air fuel mixture. A PCIII is under 300 and a dyno tune is in the same ball park depending how long it takes the tech. Then your done. It's not that bad. This is after you install your new exhaust and air cleaner.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devils Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts