Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike was picked up by an 8 years old boy in 1963. He was certain that he would have a Harley when he grows up. This dream came true in 2015. I am so happy that not much has changed with the bike, at least aesthetically, since 1963. The Road King is probably one of the best, if not the best retro motorcycle in the market. I want to share my excitement with you all. I am sorry that some pics are taken in a hurry by a mobile phone but I hope they still will give an idea.

My Road King and most of the accessories that I had ordered are loaded to a van:

I never drink and drive but I do celebrate. This is the garage of a friend where the King got dressed:

The tallboy seat was already installed by the dealer. The luggage rack, sissy bar, extended floorboards and extended reach heel and toe shifters were not hard to install:

The King granted us something to bite:

I wonder if illuminated buttons and heated grips were available back in 1963 but I am sure throttle by wire was not:

Heated grips were not as easy to install as the rest of the goodies:

Nevertheless, we had an opportunity to get further acquainted with the King:

This is where the King will do honor to by staying at. I mean; this is my garage. I hope the fork wind deflectors will function as effectively as they pose. I have read countless positive comments about their performance:

I removed the soft lowers for not restricting airflow to the 103 during break-in. I will use them only in cold and/or wet weather, anyway. BTW; a color matched right hard saddlebag, left and right hard saddlebag lids, saddlebag guard rails, lid rails and lid rail red LED lamp are waiting for me at the dealer, as per my initial order. On the other hand; I am waiting for the arrival of the left color matched hard saddlebag, without paying for any of them. The dealer says the mishap will be solved by the end of this month:

I am now topping up the battery at 1 amp charge rate for replenishing the juice that we must have offset yesterday. As the headlamp stays lit whenever the ignition is ON, we must have drawn quite some amps:

I hope to get my license plate on Monday. Tuesday is expected to be rainy but Wednesday is forecasted to be dry and cloudy. Thursday, onwards appears to be sunny with highs around 21C (70F). This is exceptional for February so if the forecast doesn’t change, I am planning not to miss this opportunity for a day long breaking-in tour.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Congratulations on having your dream come true! She is absolutely gorgeous!

Long live The King!

--

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's so exciting!!!!! I love it when members get new or new to them bikes. This is sweet nectar of life. Gratz man...gratz.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Congratulations! Very nice color combination.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations on the new Road King Orhan
Its Beautiful :thumb
Thank you Diz Jr.

Congratulations! I haven't seen one with that color combination. That is nice. :thumbsup
Thank you. The dealer says the Road King with this color combination is not sold in the USA but another Harley model is.

It's so exciting!!!!! I love it when members get new or new to them bikes. This is sweet nectar of life. Gratz man...gratz.
Exciting indeed, and mutual. New members learn a lot from longtime members. This is sharing what you got. I learned a lot from longtime members prior to placing my order for my first Harley. I am now so happy if they enjoy my posts and pics.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Very Cool write up, and Congrats on fulfilling a dream. She's beautiful, and I'm sure she will serve you well, and bring many a smile to your face!!

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Congrats she is a beauty. Glad you were able to make your dream come true.

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Congrats on the new ride it looks really nice, can't wait to see the updated pics with the hard bags.
Now you just have to figure out to ship it here to the U.S. so you can make Collision III in June, we would love to have you show up.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Very nice post and congrats on fulfilling your dreams!!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
great looking RK i got my first Harley last march 2014 RK and love it
Thanks Derick. My love just turned into real. This was platonic, so far.

Very Cool write up, and Congrats on fulfilling a dream. She's beautiful, and I'm sure she will serve you well, and bring many a smile to your face!!
Thank you 2stangs. You are absolutely right on the smiles on my face.

she's pertyful............
Thanks ciscokid. I am sure pertyful is a word of superlative nature but I must admit that I am at a loss to understand the exact meaning.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats she is a beauty. Glad you were able to make your dream come true.
Thank you peanut.

Congrats on the new ride it looks really nice, can't wait to see the updated pics with the hard bags.
Now you just have to figure out to ship it here to the U.S. so you can make Collision III in June, we would love to have you show up.
Thanks ALUCARD. Don't doubt on hard bag pics, provided that I have them. Another dream of mine is coast to coast USA on my own bike. I think this is a very common dream, though. On the other hand, who can know what will happen in time?.. Thanks for the invitation as well.

Very nice post and congrats on fulfilling your dreams!!!
Thank you Hammer 71.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts