Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my 07 FXBD, has a danmoto exhaust, and a screamin eagle filter. It back fires like a SOB on deceleration. So I figured it was never flashed. I was just about to pull the trigger on an FP3 when I decided lemme just make sure there’s not some kind of fuel management system there. And sure enough, I found this old Fuel Pak. Took me a little while to find the values to put in. I took it for a quick ride around my neighborhood and it seemed to backfire less. Why would it backfire as much as it did with a fuel management system??? Anyone got any advice for this thing? Or should I just replace it. I’m afraid there’s not gonna be any support for this old boy but I’ll try to call V&H today. Also gonna be riding 80 miles to work and back so I’ll let you know if it rides better or worse. Just any input on this dinosaur would be helpful. I can’t seem to find much online.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the first thing I checked. No leak. Got new gaskets anyway, still no leak. Still back fires. It was a little better today after I flashed whatever numbers they gave me. Still not awesome. Seems to idle lower when I turned it over this morning.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have the same yr/model as you. The first device I tried was that FP because it had lots of decel pop and some backfire, but was a little better after trying several different maps(?) from V&H. Solved the backfire with new intake seals, but it still was lacking. This is not a tuner, just a fuel management device. I sold it and got a Thundermax tuner with auto tune. The Powervision was not on the market then, or I might have gone that route.
Anyway, it made a huge difference in power and responsiveness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts