Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the side of the road today. I don't really know what it is worth, so I would like if people could chime in here and help a brotha out.

Its a 73 ironhead
Black
Rear rim is not stock
Gauges aren't stock
exhaust looks straight piped but it actually has weird azz baffles in it I think based on sound
He says the engine and trans was rebuilt in 07ish only 800 miles since then

I don't really know what it is worth and I don't want to insult him. Ideas?

I have a little video of it to just to try to make it easier to see some stuff maybe. Like anything else, the pictures make it look like it is in better condition then it is. It is beat up pretty good. Lots of years!

Thanks guys!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Office Linebacker
1,218 Posts
Here is what I see:

- Looks like an XLCH
- Oli cooler and Filter added (Not stock - But good upgrade)
- Upgraded solid state regulator
- Polished Primary cover (Not stock)
- Non-stock turn signals and seat
- Stock Tank
- Disc Brake on front is not stock (Nice upgrade)
- Looks like it is missing the muffler portion of pipee
- Stock Genny

I agree with Schmidty...
If running, in my neck of the woods, I would hope for $2,200 and would not hesitate at $2500.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I thought about it last night, and it just isn't quote what I want. I really want one that's more beat up. The point is for me to learn things. With that I would know how to do almost everything because most of the stuff is cleaning and bolt on stuff. Thanks though, knowing the value helps in my search for others!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Looks like the stock front end/front brake setup to me. If it runs good, I'd say it's worth around $2500-$3000 as a "restoration to stock" project, since it's largely unmolested. As a bobber project or whatever, I wouldn't want to pay that much, though. As you say, a cheaper one that's in crappy shape would be a better starting point.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the stock front end/front brake setup to me. If it runs good, I'd say it's worth around $2500-$3000 as a "restoration to stock" project, since it's largely unmolested. As a bobber project or whatever, I wouldn't want to pay that much, though. As you say, a cheaper one that's in crappy shape would be a better starting point.
I am looking more for a custom thing. Drag pipes, apes maybe a hard tail. I just want a bike to play with, a fun bike. The bike I have now is fun as hell, but I have to keep it stock ish for 300 plus mile rides and stuff. Plus I want it to handle. I just want a cool around towner that I brought back to life with my own 2 hands!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts