Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2011 Electra Glide Classic. I like the bike, but I would like to change the suspension. Like a lot of people my age I have some back problems I have been looking at Progressive Suspension's 444, and 944 rear shocks. When the bike is on the side stand the distance between the shock bolts is 12", but the specs say 13" shocks. Is the difference the "sag". I want to order the correct part. Thanks Bill

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
Welcome from Ga...I think 13" is the right length to order if you want the same height shock. But you can go with the 12s if you want it to be lower. 12s are stock on SG models.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SEOklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Done
4,154 Posts
I recently bought a 2011 Electra Glide Classic. I like the bike, but I would like to change the suspension. Like a lot of people my age I have some back problems I have been looking at Progressive Suspension's 444, and 944 rear shocks. When the bike is on the side stand the distance between the shock bolts is 12", but the specs say 13" shocks. Is the difference the "sag". I want to order the correct part. Thanks Bill
I run the Progressive 13" 944s on my Street Glide. They are firm. Still need to adjust them for solo and for 2 up. I also have low back issues. Don't know how old you are or how bad your back is, but, not sure the 944s are gonna be the ticket for you.

Welcome.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

Call Progressive and talk with their representative. They are customer service oriented and will help you with the right product for your needs.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
Progressive's 444 is a very comfortable shocks that performs well. Adding a pair of Maxxion single rate springs and Ricor valves up front will make a world of difference in how the bike handles and it will deliver a very comfortable ride.

Shop around for the 444's; there are some good deals out there on the internet. Maxxion will calculate the right spring for you based on your weight and the bikes weight. You can buy ricor valves directly from them or from other online dealers.

Harley riders seem to be more interested in engine mods for more power, chrome, and doo-dads. We often pay less attention to the suspension than we should.

Pete

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome from Oregon

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome aboard from N. AZ and Route 66 and one old guy to another. Ride safe and enjoy any time you get in the saddle!

2013 FLHRC

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Welcome from Houston.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts