Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have an '03 Softail with Screamin' Eagle pipes and tuner that I purchased from someone. It came with the Pro Tuner, cables, etc, but I can't seem to find the software. HD has a website for the free download, but it's not accepting my VCI's serial number (HD is saying they no longer support this device).

Any ideas on where I can get a copy of the software?

Thanks in advance...!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey all. I have an '03 Softail with Screamin' Eagle pipes and tuner that I purchased from someone. It came with the Pro Tuner, cables, etc, but I can't seem to find the software. HD has a website for the free download, but it's not accepting my VCI's serial number (HD is saying they no longer support this device).

Thanks in advance...!
Is your SE BOX ORANGE ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
That's the Race Tuner, don't know if the Pro Super Tuner (orange box) software will work with it. Time for that Google (I prefer Duck Duck Go) search.

Reactions: JLR

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's actually the Pro Tuner, here's the box... There's a website with the free download available, but when i enter my serial number, it says invalid. I called HD, and they're telling me that series is no longer supported. But i have read that the software does work with it...

Font Rectangle Thumb Natural material Label

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You might have to use all 1's for it to work, that is a cheat. The orange box is the -8B

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks in advance...!
your haveing the same problem i am when harley got sued big time over those tuners according to the tech at ch,town harley and discontinued thos should have gave everyone a replacment those tuners arnt cheap the dealer told me to buy new tuner for 880'plus,when you download new program it will show incorrect vci conected ,u need too get the old program there should be lots out there but good luck.

·
Retired citizen
25,840 Posts
IMO, 'Tuners' are a waste of money. The late model Delphi OEM ECM can handle the upgrades on the run with the onboard O2 sensors and the addition of plug in-series between the O2 sensor connector and the exhaust pipe sensor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
your haveing the same problem i am when harley got sued big time over those tuners according to the tech at ch,town harley and discontinued thos should have gave everyone a replacment those tuners arnt cheap the dealer told me to buy new tuner for 880'plus,when you download new program it will show incorrect vci conected ,u need too get the old program there should be lots out there but good luck.
Yup, I've been reading some of the background on it. I did manage to get the older software, now, just need to connect it and play ..!

·
Registered
2013 CVO FLHTCUSE8 #414/1100
64 Posts

Thanks in advance...!
DM me with your email address and I will email it to you. Or I may still have the link saved from where I downloaded it. I just ran into this same issue. Found it and saved a copy. Work like a charm. It’s the software from 2018. They discontinued it after that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DM me with your email address and I will email it to you. Or I may still have the link saved from where I downloaded it. I just ran into this same issue. Found it and saved a copy. Work like a charm. It’s the software from 2018. They discontinued it after that.
I got the code already and downloaded the program, all good brother!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts