Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dyna’s look pretty good with drag bars,, they also look god with 10’s or 12”’ apes….witch one do you guys have.. show us your dyna’s with ape’s or drag bars…🇺🇸😎🍺

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
The way to choose bars is how they fit you and your riding style.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way to choose bars is how they fit you and your riding style.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
IMO…Choosing cams is about your riding style,, bars are for looks and feel.. drag bars,,, drag pipes…ape hangers… fishtails.. buckhorns and crossover’s.. Ever seen drag bars on a Electra Glide. Personally… I like drag bars on Softails…maybe Dyna’s…I’m still deciding…🇺🇸

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up a used 2006 Dyna. I haven't ridden in many years. It has 14 inch ape hangers. I love it. I have never owned a bike with ape hangers or ridden one with them. I had to pull mine back a few inches to make them comfortable for me. The former owner must have been taller with longer arms. I felt like I was leaning forward to reach them. I think it is all personal preference. I love the look and riding with my hands at shoulder level is really comfortable. Look for Hill Country Custom Cycles on YouTube. They are a custom shop in Texas that installs ape hangers. They do a weekly video. One of their guys mentions buying a new bike and riding it 30 miles to the shop and his back was killing him. He installed ape hangers and his back never bothered him again. He does a good job explaining bar height, riding with your back straight and being comfortable. https://www.youtube.com/c/HillCountryCustomCycles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts