Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You gotta' love a Road King! Bare bike for hot summer days, windshield for those buggy nights, sissy bar or tour pack for the ol'lady and now a Bat wing fairing!
I wanted one for the cold days and looked at after market ones....300 for the fairing, 125 mount, 80+ for the windshield + paint :eek
I found a guy that had a outer shell from an Electra Glide (year unknown) wanted 100.
Well, outer shell only, someone hacked the headlight flange. I got it down to 30 and took it home!
I made my own mounts so it clips on just like the windshield (powder coated) Made the Lexan windshield and a glove box for it. Napa matched the paint and here it is!! So, what ya think? I like seeing my driving lights and all my chrome but this thing is spoiling me quick! It my be my Most Used accessory!

Attachments

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I'll tell ya point blank, I'm not a fan of fairings.. but damn that looks good.. Nice job!

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
That's a sweet Ultra ya got there.

Just kidding. Nice job.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. Yes Diezel just a set of leg fairings and a radio and I'm there! While the clip on's are nice THIS is still the best look for the King.

Attachments

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,469 Posts
Looks great. Wish I had your talent.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Can you get an inner for it? Make the inside look as badical as the outside.

I'm impressed.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
:cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks great! Nice clean look.
I gotta ask, are those two cars 50 to 52 Kaisers? They look to be in really good condition. I did have the chance to work on some of those old cars in my youth, mostly Packards and Studebakers.:)

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Good work and a great deal financially. Can't beat that with a stick.

·
Registered
39,539 Posts
Nicely done. :thumb

I wonder what that headlight ring off the Kaiser would look like on a motorcycle. :think

·
Registered
460 Posts
You gotta' love a Road King! Bare bike for hot summer days, windshield for those buggy nights, sissy bar or tour pack for the ol'lady and now a Bat wing fairing!
I wanted one for the cold days and looked at after market ones....300 for the fairing, 125 mount, 80+ for the windshield + paint :eek
I found a guy that had a outer shell from an Electra Glide (year unknown) wanted 100.
Well, outer shell only, someone hacked the headlight flange. I got it down to 30 and took it home!
I made my own mounts so it clips on just like the windshield (powder coated) Made the Lexan windshield and a glove box for it. Napa matched the paint and here it is!! So, what ya think? I like seeing my driving lights and all my chrome but this thing is spoiling me quick! It my be my Most Used accessory!
Get that Kaiser on the road!:biking:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Again, thank you! The grey 51 is a customers car the maroon and white 52 is mine and a barn find. All original. Driving it as is for now.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Thank you all. Yes Diezel just a set of leg fairings and a radio and I'm there! While the clip on's are nice THIS is still the best look for the King.
Looks good, except for the ugly dude ya caught in the picture accidentally!

(I probably shouldn't have said that, you look kinda strong and could probably beat me up)

Seriously though that level of versatility I'd unfriggin real. Nice work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts