Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 883C and have never done anything beyond basic routine maintenance up until this point, but this week I noticed an unusual sound at all gears - kind of empty clicking?

Also, if I haven't ridden in a while, I find that the bike hesitates the first time is shift into second gear (choke still on).

So, I'm a little inexperienced at working on my bike, but want to check out a few things before I throw in the towel and take it in to the dealership.

This is what I found:

Plugs are not too bad, but one is probably twice as fouled as the other (the fouled one is the one closer to the seat).

A little oil on the air intake filter, side closer to the seat.

And the choke has been kinda loose, like it floats in on its own as opposed to me pushing it in when rpms get higher.

So after cleaning the spark plugs & checking tolerance, shaking out the air intake filter, and topping off transmission fluid & oil for good measure, I think the noise is a little better, but it might be all in my head.

Any thoughts for a novice like me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the bike still under warranty? If it is, bring it to your dealer and have them check it out. Keep a paper trail on this just in case it is serious and happens again after the warranty expires.
That's what I would do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts