Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Street Glide I just installed a HD light accessory kit very simple simply remove stock turn signals and plug new light assembly into factory plug then remove dash plate and 1 of the blanks and install the new blank with 1 button into dash and plug factoy plug into it. I did all of this both turn signals work perfectly when I push the button to turn on the lights only 1 works. I have tested by unplugging new lights one at a time both work when only one hooked up also tried putting left on the right and right on the left lights worked then also. But put then back the way they are suppose to be only one turns on. I am at a lost any suggestions would be great. Oh I also moved the new switch to the other side of the dash and plugged it in and with that harness no lights at all.

·
245 Posts
I would check the connections again.
Start at the switch, check both sides for power, then work outward. As you move away from the switch, also inspect the wiring, you might have a pinched or broken wire causing the issue.
On older models, they had a split plug, single male plug split into 2 blades(power feed) the socket end was 2 1/8" female sockets side by side in a socket.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I'm not familiar with the new models, but general practice would be to take a look at the terminals inside the plastic connectors. It's possible that one of the terminals got pushed back and is not making the connection when it's plugged in.

--

·
Retired citizen
24,285 Posts
"Highway lights" and turn signals are 2 different circuits. Make sure you used the correct plug connection for the new lights.
Turn signal wires are brown for right and violet for left side.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This sounds like a simple idea, but did you check the bulb? Even if it looks good the filaments in bulbs that small can be broken and you almost will not notice that the filament is broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts