Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
That price is in Krona , no idea what the conversion rate is. Been easier if the ad was translated, but stuff in Scandanavia is expensive, A beer can be over $10

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Hi!

Can anyone give me any feedback on this bike? I'm considering starting my own project building a bike, but I don't really know where to start:

http://www.dba.dk/asp/soegning/detail.asp?annonceid=57621649

It is a 5-step gearbox, with around 12.000 km. The motor is an EVO something.

Best regards,

Martin
Martin 1st if you don't know where to start, then you may want to try something a little less ambitious, and work your way up to something like that. That bike my need more work that we can't see, Ive never worked on a bike myself but can see there appears to be a lot involved with that particular bike.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Wow. I'd tell the guy here's 3oo American. That should be about a billion in krona money. I would have to agree, that's a MAJOR project. Be prepared - you would not be buying a bolt together turn key project. Your talking about fitting, modifying parts to fit.

If you are intent on doing a kit, then buy a complete kit from a aftermarket parts company. Like J&P cycles soft tail kit. Or buy a bike running, and but needs a lot of attention. These types of projects are easier then buying a box full of parts and trying to make heads or tails of various parts.

I'm not saying you couldn't do it. You could and with the right manuals and help from these great people on this board you would get through it. But for your first one, me personally, I wouldn't.

Let us know what you decide. And good luck.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I have a friend who purchased a running but needing work low rider shovel head.
He had a couple of complications with the bike after He done a rebuild and by the time He finally got it all perfected and running good He had over 12,000 bucks american into it.That included the pruchase price of 7000.
He made a statement something like IF He would have known how much it was going to cost to get the bike into shape He would have added 3 or 4 thousand to it and bought a Dyna.
I too have a Shovel that i`m a little reluctant to start dumping money into for the same reason.
BBBBBUT I will not sell it either.
Maby someday I will fix it up.:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Back in the day that would have been called a basket case.

You bought it cheap, and brought it home in a basket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts