Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinion on the Victory brand bikes?

Are they still considdered a ricer in the HD groups or a step above?

only asking cause I traded in my 09 ricer (yamaha 950T) in on a 13 Victory Boardwalk.
Always recived a load of crap when ever I rode the ricer around the HD groups, am I in for the same with a Victory?

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
I don't believe any body has classified a Victory as a "ricer " , if your looking for acceptance from Harley riders why not buy a Harley ?

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Your asking that on the wrong forum....just sayin..or maybe not.....if it got 2 wheels or boobs...I will look at it..

·
King Frog
37 Posts
I am considering both. Not for acceptance. I could not care less about acceptance.

I sold my last Harley for stupid money to a stupid yuppie lol, in the mid nineties when they became a "Fad" Been running Yamaha wannabee metrics under the "faddar" and decided to wait until Harley came back to earth. Yamaha makes a GREAT bike. But I am looking at buying American this time around. The Victory really screwed me up though. It was so "metric" in feel. VERY nice. Great engine, far less gaskets and o Rings 8 vs 63.... Does not need anything out the gate to scream. No Stage II kits necessary. 86% American made vs 46%. Smooth ride, No pesky cam tensioners, Transmission gear driven. Easy belt replacement, Superior engine design,

But its not a Harley Davidson. Harleys have the advantage of EMOTION and larger dealer network, Heritage, tradition. No other bike can make someone tattoo their logo on their asses or buy thousands of useless expensive bar and shield embossed trinkets to advertise free for the MOCO. They have the most customization possibilities,

As for me I am waiting to see the Indian before I give up my "Star" LOL But a battle royal is going on in my head between Victory and Harley. I like the idea of the Victory being a get and go bike. Buy it already done. Harley has great resale until one starts spending thousands on them. Few people want to pay a premium for someone elses idea of "cool"

Acceptance from Harley riders is not important. Hell Many don't even accept each other...RUBS vs "real bikers" "Geezers vs Posers", Sportys " girly bikes" Wallet riders vs Builders........WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK OF ME WHEN THEY CANNOT EVEN ACEPT EACH OTHER???? LOL In that regard riding the Yamaha has been very easy...They all hate me. and I didn't spend $18,000 for the privilege!! A meager $7500 used...

Now all that said if the MOCO threw that V Rod engine in an FXR frame.....Easy decision.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't believe any body has classified a Victory as a "ricer " , if your looking for acceptance from Harley riders why not buy a Harley ?
I have a Harley, a 2012 XL1200CP and its a great bike, its the second Harley I have had, first was a 95 883C, but soon grew tired of it as the top end on it was only 70mph, and everyone and their uncle tried but could not make it go any faster, so I dumped it for a grand less than I paid for it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since 08 I have had a 09 kawasaki 500LTD, a 09 Yamaha 950 Toure, a 95 HD 883C, a 12 Xl1200CP, and now this 13 Victory Boardwalk.
Each bike had there advantages and disadvantages, I have rode on a 99 HD Electric glide and found it to compact.
Guess I am still trying to find a bike that fits my needs and is comfortable to ride both short runs and long hauls.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
only asking cause I traded in my 09 ricer (yamaha 950T) in on a 13 Victory Boardwalk.
Always recived a load of crap when ever I rode the ricer around the HD groups, am I in for the same with a Victory?
I am considering both. Not for acceptance. I could not care less about acceptance.

I like the idea of the Victory being a get and go bike. Buy it already done. Acceptance from Harley riders is not important. Hell Many don't even accept each other...RUBS vs "real bikers" "Geezers vs Posers", Sportys " girly bikes" Wallet riders vs Builders........WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK OF ME WHEN THEY CANNOT EVEN ACEPT EACH OTHER???? LOL In that regard riding the Yamaha has been very easy...They all hate me. and I didn't spend $18,000 for the privilege!! A meager $7500 used...

Now all that said if the MOCO threw that V Rod engine in an FXR frame.....Easy decision.
Why are either of y'all on a Harley forum? :dunno

We don't go over to the Victory forums and ask why they don't buy Harley's...just sayin'. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

We don't go over to the Victory forums and ask why they don't buy Harley's...just sayin'. :)
But I do own a Harley, a real nice 2012 XL1200CP, I replaced my 09 Yamaha with the new Victory.

Just asking for opinons on if a Victory is known as a ricer or not amoungst Harley riders.

One would almost think I sold my Harley.

And after it is a general motocycle related question, I think.

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
There's nothing in the Victory lineup that I would choose over a Harley of similar configuration. Their attempt at a Street Bob type bike is kinda lame. To each their own though. If you want a Victory, go buy one and be happy with it.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,666 Posts
Guy down street from me has the nicest victory I've seen, its yellow.

Its got something to do with arlen ness ?? I don't know... sounds good??

The guy riding it is always smiling"??

Dudes kinda funny lookin:? :laugh

·
King Frog
37 Posts

I'm not asking any questions. The other thing about HD riders of today is they tend to be more defensive. LOL. You don't go over to the victory for us because you're happy with what you have...... But Oh and yes riders do ask Victory riders in the victory forum why they didn't buy a Harley. The thing is most of them were Harley riders. The question is already answered. I'm here because I haven't made a decision and I thought there might be some good information here that goes beyond the usual emotional protect and defend bs

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
KING OF THE ROAD
780 Posts
the Victory is 86% made in the USA and Harley is 46%? The Victory is made in the USA so its good with me. I thought you had to be 80% or something to say made in USA?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I like the XC. the next new bike I buy might be a victory don't know. the lack of local dealer closes.is 1 hr away sucks. I don't call a victory a ricer their far from it. asking about Thames on a HD form your going to get a lot of bashing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.