Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '98 Harley Dyna Convertible a couple of years ago. It had only 2,000 miles on it. It had been sitting in an airplane hangar for years. The tires were hard as rock so I replaced them. Both rocker box gaskets were replaced. The gas gauge wasn't working, and the odometer reading would fade out at times. The previous owner had a Screaming Eagle slip on installed, but it hasn't been jetted properly yet. After driving it the second year that I had it, the gas gauge started working, and the odometer wasn't fading out as much. I also installed a K & N air filter and changed all the fluids. I just wanted to ask opinions of some people who own the FXDS and tell me anything you can about the bike. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I bought a '98 Harley Dyna Convertible a couple of years ago. It had only 2,000 miles on it. It had been sitting in an airplane hangar for years. The tires were hard as rock so I replaced them. Both rocker box gaskets were replaced. The gas gauge wasn't working, and the odometer reading would fade out at times. The previous owner had a Screaming Eagle slip on installed, but it hasn't been jetted properly yet. After driving it the second year that I had it, the gas gauge started working, and the odometer wasn't fading out as much. I also installed a K & N air filter and changed all the fluids. I just wanted to ask opinions of some people who own the FXDS and tell me anything you can about the bike. Thank you.
The 1998 Dyna was the test bed for the new Twin Cam engine. I've not owned one, so all I know is second hand hearsay. There were some teething problems, but I don't remember if there was any drastic problems. Gas gauge problem was probably varnish on the float rod, seems to have fixed itself. You'll probably benefit from rejetting the carb. up 1 size main, and maybe 1 size primary jet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts