Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience either these? Debating between the battery one and the rechargeable one. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
I went with the rechargeable one. Didn't want to be buying those watch batteries all the time.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Got the rechargeable one. Works fine.

"Whatever it is, it's better in the wind"

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long does the charge last on the rechargeable one? If someone has the battery one how long does that last?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I went to buy the battery one at my dealership before a weekend trip to Chicago.. They would not sell me the battery one, they told me they had too many returns on them. Only sold the the rechargeable one for now on. It's nice size, hang easy on the belt loop or fits easy in the pocket, it's just a little piece of mind when stopping to eat or at the hotel when you can't see the bike.
If I remember right you have to have the factory alarm to use it. I know you have to set it after you shut the bike off, then turn the ign switch on and off before the alarm sets. When riding I would shut if off and only use it when I would be away from my bike. Then recharge it at night. Never really found out who long a charge would last. Does it work ???? Maybe nobody had messed with my bike.. I really need to set it at the house and walk down the street to see how far it works.

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
If I remember right you have to have the factory alarm to use it.

I know you have to set it after you shut the bike off, then turn the ign switch on and off before the alarm sets.

I really need to set it at the house and walk down the street to see how far it works
That is true. You also have to have the siren installed for the Series II.
The Series I you don't, the pager is separate from the siren.

Once you have the receiver married to your bike, you don't have to do anything to the ignition switch to activate it...
Just arm your alarm system, and turn on the pager.

Max range is 0.5 miles, there is a range signal confirmation LED on the receiver to let you know you are still in range.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have the security system but I'm going to purchase the siren and would like to turn it on and off. Thus I'm debating between the two pagers.

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
I do have the security system but I'm going to purchase the siren and would like to turn it on and off. Thus I'm debating between the two pagers.
I don't believe the receiver units can turn on and off the siren of the motorcycle.... just make the receiver units themselves switch between audible and vibrating notification.... and they both can do that.

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
Yeah, I just checked my manual that covers both types.... the only thing the battery powered receiver does that the rechargeable doesn't, is that it has a built in LED light.

You have to change the siren modes of the alarm system on your bike to go from chirp mode to chirpless.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I'm interpreting the catalog wrong then. When it says multi color led indicators to display unique codes for arming, disarming, and trigger modes. Which I assumed (lol) ment the alarm itself cuz it does go on to read it has selectable vibration and audible modes. Which I (ahem) assumed ment for the pagers. So it doesn't say anywere about arming or disarming the alarm? I may have to rethink this. I move my bike around in the garage from time to time and the keys would be in the house. I may have angry neighbors lol!

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
Yes, the selectable vibration and audible modes is for the pager itself.

The LED indicators do display unique codes for the arming, disarming, and trigger modes for the alarm system, but you cant change those modes via the pager.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts