Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2009, garage kept, Ultra. While doing my "Spring cleaning" I have found that the paint on BOTH fenders is bubbled. I have called my dealer and HD customer service, and both of them say "not our problem".

Anybody else out there have this problem, and what have you done to fix it?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just read your post

Hello. I have a 2009, garage kept, Ultra. While doing my "Spring cleaning" I have found that the paint on BOTH fenders is bubbled. I have called my dealer and HD customer service, and both of them say "not our problem".

Anybody else out there have this problem, and what have you done to fix it?

Thanks,

Bob
I have an 09 FLHRC and I have just discovered paint bubbling on both fenders. Mostly around the rear fender tip and the holes were the turn signal wires come through. Also some bubbling on the front fender where the chrome skirt mounts. HD Canada tells me it's 'environmental' (their word for road rust) I almost never ride in the rain and the bike is kept in a carport. It showed up in just a month around the beginning of summer. (between washes) literally.

Still trying to figure out how to re-present my case to HD since I'm sure there is a fault with either the paint or the metal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts