Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change the original paint sets for my '08 softtail deluxe. I have seen what Harley offers and have explored the web. Have found 2 sites that seem to have specific Harley paint sets and seem quality - Vivid Dragon and Racepaintusa. Has anyone had any experience with either of these companies or other suggestions. Thanks. Ride on!

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Are you changing all your sheetmetal or just painting your original
sheetmetal??
Plus you want to find out what type of paint they use.
If they use dupont or ppg then I say cool any other type of paint
is not as good or durable as theses brands.
and see if they offer anytype of warranty...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. I will be painting the original metal. Have you heard of the two web sites I mentioned?

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Great idea keeping you original metals...you know the history behind em no dents or holes filled.
Unfortunatley I never heard of them.keep me posted on how you make out if ya dont mind thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum and don't have any "clout" yet, but in my professional opinion Vivid Dragon is not very impressive (though they have a pretty flashy website). The work I see on RacePaint USA on the other hand is pretty damn nice. Any paint shop can do the exchange deal for ya if you want the painter to order you new tin, or use other exchange sheet metal. I always prefer to use the customers tins, and to strip everything to bare steel for starters.

I don't necessarily agree with Baddass... I have used Dupont, and a dozen other brands in the past, but I find HOK and PPG/DBC to be the best on the market at this time.

Feel free to check out my website if you are interested, I probably ship about 30% of the work I do.

Thanks, and good luck-

Mark

http://www.madshadowcustompaint.com

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Its a matter of opinion on your products you use I like dupont used em my whole life Ive also used HOC and PPG and Im not impressed
Your right anybody cant throw paint on and ship exchange programs sounds like your in competetion with them 3 posts and advertising your exchange or fix program is this spam??:cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, not spam.

I'm just a Harley guy who moved to (unregulated) Montana to start up a business a few years back doing custom paint work.

It's been slow lately with the economy the way it is, so I started looking at putting together some sets from spare parts I have (probably have 20 tanks, 30 fenders that I bught on ebay when I started the business).

I was online trying to find a cross reference sheet or something that would tell me what parts fit on what year bikes.

Came across this forum and decided to join.
Hell, I work on Harleys daily, own and ride two myself, why not join a HD forum? I might learn something.

I also belong to one other forum - kustom kulture lounge - an airbrushing forum. I've been a regular member there for a couple years. I kind of like the 'medium'.

Anyway, I'm not spam, and not here to offend anyone. Just offering my 2 cents on those websites.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Proper color for a 57 Hummer 125.

I know the bike was originally Hi Fire Red but ca`nt seem to find any info on getting the ingredients for a proper mix.Seems like the sites that do have the recipe want to sell and ship a can of paint to ya and I just want the recipe so`s i can get it mixed locally. Any info on where to get the ingredients would be appreciated.
thank you
MrMarty51

·
Registered
22 Posts
No, not spam.

I'm just a Harley guy who moved to (unregulated) Montana to start up a business a few years back doing custom paint work.

It's been slow lately with the economy the way it is, so I started looking at putting together some sets from spare parts I have (probably have 20 tanks, 30 fenders that I bught on ebay when I started the business).

I was online trying to find a cross reference sheet or something that would tell me what parts fit on what year bikes.

Came across this forum and decided to join.
Hell, I work on Harleys daily, own and ride two myself, why not join a HD forum? I might learn something.

I also belong to one other forum - kustom kulture lounge - an airbrushing forum. I've been a regular member there for a couple years. I kind of like the 'medium'.

Anyway, I'm not spam, and not here to offend anyone. Just offering my 2 cents on those websites.

Thanks,

Mark
An excelent job on your flames, not to mention everything else. Many artists don't have the eye for geting flames correct but you've got er' nailed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts