Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an older bike with a painted on License plate. Thought this would be a great solution to my Rocker, since I don't like the side holders, fender holders, etc. Just wondering if it would be legal.... I would have the current tag airbrushed on. It would be a legal tag. Just would not come off....and every time the tag changed, I'd have to have it repainted.....

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Saw an older bike with a painted on License plate. Thought this would be a great solution to my Rocker, since I don't like the side holders, fender holders, etc. Just wondering if it would be legal.... I would have the current tag airbrushed on. It would be a legal tag. Just would not come off....and every time the tag changed, I'd have to have it repainted.....

Thoughts?
I'm willing to bet a paycheck and my favorite pair of boots that your friendly, local LEO and his supporting government would not accept that as legal.

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
I suppose it would be the same as having your drivers license tattooed on your forehead.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
It would have to be illegal unless Texas has a code in the license plate law that allows affixing or painting on a likeness of a Texas plate in lieu of displaying the actual issued plate. And most states have a security strip in their plates now to help ID bogus plates.

Dude...just call your DMV, or whatever it's called in TX., and ask the question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts