Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people of the forum. I am Michael and I ride an Ultra Classic. My buddy is having radio problems and I took it apart tonight to check all the connections and fuses. Can't seen to find a fix. He needs help as do I. He has an 06 Ultra Classic.
Radio external speakers just stopped working, at first he used the switch on dash to go headphone and external and then they came back on. Now nothing seems to work. I plugged in with my headset and could hear radio and talk on CB to my bike nearby. Front and rear passenger headsets work fine. Can't get any sound out of external speakers. Checked all settings. I read some forum topics about the radio being bad. Not a switch problem. I also read about a diagnostic that can be run, is there a reset for the radio? How do you do a diagnostic? It sounds like a lot of people had this problem. The bike warranty expired. Help.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Can't help ya with all that.... Sorry.

But with that being said, welcome from SW Oklahoma!

I'm sure someone will be along to help out before too long.

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Welcome from North Texas

·
Retired citizen
23,366 Posts
Remove the fairing and check the wire harness that goes across the inner fairing support bracket. Also check the harness that runs down the back of the radio across the heat sink. Both harnesses are on the left side looking from the front. Both are known to wear at those positions and short out.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome from Kansas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts