Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be forced to park my Dyna outside this season. I live in an apartment complex with no underground parking. It will only be from June until October. If I bought a really good cover for it would it really hurt the bike being outside for a few months? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
If that's what you have to do, no it won't hurt it. Maybe a extra rust spot here and there on the chrome. Buy a cover that says Kawasaki or a like brand. Less likely to attract unwanted attention.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
My Sporty sits outside while I'm at work. I picked up a cheap Walmart cover (extra large for a dresser) and it get very little moisture on it but its better than sitting out in the open. Good thing is, the mechanics at the shop keep an eye on it.

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
Down south the summer sun will make the paint fade fairly quickly but one summer up that far should not really matter. Plus a cheap cover could make things worse if you get sand in between, could cause some abrasions.

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Are you going to store it or ride it through the summer?
Get a no-name cover, kinda nice and tie it so it won't blow off. Check it once a week to make sure nobody has messed with it. If you can afford it, get a little storage unit big enough to park it in. Put a dust cover on it and leave it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts