Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experiencing difficulty getting parts and accessories thru your dealership?

I planned on having some work done over the winter, while the bike was in storage.

Parts I ordered the end of October are still on backorder!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,840 Posts
Have you tried finding the part yourself?

I had an accident years ago , a cage pulled out in front of me and I T-boned the drivers side, took my 84 FLHTC to the local H-D dealer for repairs, mid June....I checked on the progress every week in person and the bike never moved , so I asked what was the hold up? the reason they gave me was the lower triple tree was on back order, so I looked and found one myself at another dealer and told the service manager that was overseeing the repairs , but he showed no interest in it and told me they would lose the mark up on the part if they bought it from another dealership.....I didn't get my bike back until the end of October.

I could've done the repair faster, even if I had waited until after I had the cast removed from my wrist.

Do yourself a favor, cancel the order , order the parts you want yourself on the internet and find a motorcycle mechanic or do the work yourself.

·
weird member
1,938 Posts
How old is the bike? Lots of parts for my 97 aren't even made/available from the MoCo anymore (declared obsolete).

I can still get quite a few things though, some things are on back order on occasion, but it's been a while. Though usually for me, if it's not obsolete, it's not on backorder, they just order it and it ships from some MoCo warehouse or something.

Might also try a different dealer if that's an option. Mine, if they don't carry a part or it's obsolete or something, they have absolutely no qualms about looking it up in the big parts book and ordering aftermarket replacements for me, though I never go that route as I can get aftermarket cheaper and faster through J&P or DK. They also have no issue looking to see if any other dealership have the part.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 2019 FLHX.

Can't really go anywhere else because I already paid for the parts. I'm stuck waiting. Some have come in, but others "back ordered"

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts