Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been riding and working on bikes for almost a decade now but I have very little experience with HDs. I wads hoping y'all could tell me what parts swap over to the 70s Electra Glide chassis with little to no modification? Mainly I'm interested in the seat, tank and front end as well as font and rear wheels but worst case scenario I end up needing a new engine I'd like to know what my options are. I know the ten year span of the 70s is real vague and some engines bolt right in where other model years won't work without a lot of fabrication but for arguments sake, let's say the bike in question is from the mid to late 70s.

I don't like the look of the stock saddle and am hoping a newer one will bolt up or at least be easy to make work by welding new tabs or something. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this has been covered to death but I couldn't find anything.

·
Retired citizen
24,227 Posts
Actually up to '84 FLH will retro. '84 was the last production year for the Shovel Head.
Engine, trans, wheels, fenders, fairing, seats etc. will all fit with little to no modification.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thanks guys. I found out its a 1977 going off of the VINs last digits being H7. I'm actually putting this up for sale soon so if anyone's interested feel free to PM me your number. Its a 77' FLH Police Special with factory police sidecar, 3 speed with reverse and tank mounted hand shifter. 1,999 original miles. The engine needs work but its all there and in fantastic shape for being unrestored. Its a true survivor. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts