Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a better passenger seat for my girl than the little 5 inch wide, 2.5 inch thick pad...without getting a whole new solo seat for mucho dinero. I have looked high and low and I can't seem to find anything decent that will work with my stock sporty seat (1988 883cc). Mustang has some nice ones, but everything I see that I like only fits with that company's solo seat. Suggestions?

Preferences:
At least 8 inches wide, 10 inches wide would be better but I haven't found any. 12 seems like it would look like a couch on the back.

Works with stock solo seat.

Definitely not suction cup attachment.

Thanks in advance.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,105 Posts
Best bet would just get a second 2 up seat of eBay, Craigslist, FB market place etc... I know some aren’t pretty, but happy passenger happy life!

They are easy enough to change up.

For instance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
905 Posts
Do her right! Just find a complete one piece seat that' comfy for her, for the times you ride 2 up. Keep the solo seat you like for the solo rides. It takes a whole minute to change them out.. just my 2 cents. Comfort out weighs looks! just sayin'

Reactions: Cyureus

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fair points, thank you both. Doing it on a budget was one of the biggest points right now. Thanks for the link...I had come up dry on ebay several times in the last few weeks.

·
Registered
905 Posts
In my neck of the woods, there's a number of used Harley dealerships. They also sell used parts. Like windshields, seats, backrest. They have a good idea of what fits what. Many will let you test fit the part on your bike, before laying out the cash. Call around, it can't hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts