Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2011 Heritage didn't come with the Pillion Safety Strap on my wife's bike and she want one.

Does anyone know what length the straps are from hole-to-hole? I have approximately measured the seat to accommodate a 22"-23" strap hole-to-hole....but can't be too sure....the dealers aren't much help either.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Thanks for posting. Now, I actually know what that thing on my bike is.

Although, I will say that if it's for safety, I hope there are other options.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Get a long leather strap and punch a hole in on end and put the bolt thru it. Wrap it around the seat and see where you need to punch the next hole to put it on the bike. Then dye the leather to match. Thats what I did when I made the custom strap after recovering my seat.

It may take a little trial and error to get the strap at the right length so it is not too loose when not being used but not so tight that you can't install/remove the bolt when you need to remove the seat.

Hope this helps.

·
Doc
425 Posts
Get a long leather strap and punch a hole in on end and put the bolt thru it. Wrap it around the seat and see where you need to punch the next hole to put it on the bike. Then dye the leather to match. Thats what I did when I made the custom strap after recovering my seat.

It may take a little trial and error to get the strap at the right length so it is not too loose when not being used but not so tight that you can't install/remove the bolt when you need to remove the seat.

Hope this helps.
The forum comes through again. My wife asked for one of these yesterday after returning from a ride (a lot of wind gusts on the freeway at speed) and she thought it might be a good idea to have something like that for when she adjusts her position during a ride.

·
Been There Done That
228 Posts
Here's a possible solution....My friend has a SG and a wife who falls asleep while riding. He purchased a "Bitch Strap" to fasten his wife to the bike so she wouldn't fall off. As a bonus it comes in safety orange. It works!

·
Doc
425 Posts
Here's a possible solution....My friend has a SG and a wife who falls asleep while riding. He purchased a "Bitch Strap" to fasten his wife to the bike so she wouldn't fall off. As a bonus it comes in safety orange. It works!
The scene from Vacation with Chevy Chase comes to mind where they all fall asleep in the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts