Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put the wider pass. seat on their bike don't think my wife is going to like stock seat going on 2014 softtail classic

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I think you're gonna find that except for the max touring bikes ( Ultra, Limited, etc.), most of us have more than one seat for our bikes. The most comfortable seats, especially for 2-up with a passenger, are not the most attractive looking seats. You will probably want to have at least 2 seat options available. Especially since she's been used to a Gold Wing. Very quick and easy to change out seats on a Harley.

You could also check this out -- Motorcycle Seats by ButtyBuddy | Best Motorcycle Seat Pads & Cushions

--

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks silverback that seems to be the case .I hope the wider seat works for her u know if moms not happy nobody is happy lol

·
Registered
946 Posts
I put a Harley Sundowner seat on mine, the wife likes it, I really like it. Most Harley shops have demo seats to try before you buy, you might want to check on that.

·
Registered
621 Posts
When I was looking at used bikes there were two in particular. A 2012 Fatboy with the narrow rear seat and a 2006 with the wider seat. Had the wife sit on each and it was no real choice. Wider seat was the one if I wanted to have my wife ride more than once and not have to buy a new seat at the same time I bought the bike.

Fortunately there were other factors that made the 2006 the better option so it was a definite win for both of us. She has ridden with me several times with the wide seat and no complaints.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts