Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 HD Dyna Wide Glide. I find the ride to be smooth at all speeds. However when ridding 2-up my wife complains of teeth chattering vibration. I'm just not feeling it. The pegs are tight, the sissy is properly connected. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on what to check next?

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Check the wife for loose joints etc.
If all seems well get her a gel pad.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,505 Posts
Whether she's talking about motor vibration, or road impact or both, I'd bet the reason she feels more of anything than you do is the passenger's weight is supported by prolly no more than 1/3 as many square inches as the rider's weight, years ago when my wife would ride with me, that was her compliant.

Myself, I don't care for the larger passenger seat section of the Sundowner seat, since she's not riding with me these days, but you might not have a better choice if what she needs is more area of seat cushioning.

A temporary padding test made out a couple of layers of a cheap rubber-backed bathroom floor mat draped over the seat would stay in place really well, and until it got really well squashed, might give her an idea if a bigger seat area is necessary, or if better padding alone might do it.

Maybe a nice fuzzy pink one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worthwhile Information... My sporty is smooth as glass - so this is a bit of disappointment. I guess it's worth trying the "dampening foot pegs" and a gel seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts