Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the "passing lamp conversion" be done on a 2015 Ultra Limited? I read the thread for my 2010 Ultra I had. Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where you can install a jumper wire to allow the passing lamps to stay on when you turn the high beam headlight on. High beam headlight on along with the passing lamps provides so much more lighting on those dark country roads. Stock wiring doesn't allow you to have both on at same time. It worked well on my 2010 Ultra.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not interested in dealing with the "Stealership's" if I can help it. I don't mean to sound rude. Actually, "Schmidtys" has a Sticky on this subject for the pre 2012 models. That's why I ask.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't take this personally but I never knew of HD having free downloads. I'm wondering if there is a way to do this conversion myself at no cost like previous models. I guess I'm a tight ass. LOL!

·
Banned
71 Posts
Don't take this personally but I never knew of HD having free downloads. I'm wondering if there is a way to do this conversion myself at no cost like previous models. I guess I'm a tight ass. LOL!
Anything is possible .............. but it is not practical to do so .

The Dealer just has to change the program for you, you can't do it yourself .

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know how to turn them on. They stay on till you switch your headlight to high beam then the passing lamps turn off. That's the subject.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting! I actually have a 2015 Ultra Limited Low. Maybe its different. Harley does some weird different things on each model sometimes. Don't know? My passing lamps shut off. Still searching and would like to know if I can use a "jumper wire" to make them stay on. Thanks everyone.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
I asked the question about the harness for the passing lamps to stay on. They told me I did not need it on the Rushmore bikes. Maybe they did the flash when they set the bike up, not sure. Mine have always stayed on.
It's worth the free call to ask them about the flash or whatever is needed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will call and see. My local dealer is not that helpful....that's part of the reason I'm asking here. I'll give it a try though. Thanks guys!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts