Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone doing the Passport tour with H-D? I have gotton my local dealership stamps and decided yesterday to go to Paris and Sherman to get a couple more stamps. Had a good ride and clocked around 400 miles round trip. I wound up stretching one leg a little far and ran out of gas on the off ramp to a gas station at exactly 200 miles. Coasted in from the off ramp up the hill to a Mobil station engine off. My tank is a 5 gallon tank and after filling up I put 5.183 gallons in of Super unleaded and cost 19.00 even.

That equals about 40 mpg. I wont do that again. lol

Overall was a great day and came home with 2 more stamps and am rockin the Harley tan.

You guys have a good one.

Glenn

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
I did a google search and it looks like Florida also has a Passport tour going. Anyone know of another tour??? I visited 4 dealers today - Garland, Grand Prairie, Carrollton and Corinth. I know there's a dealer that's open on Sunday, I may find them tomorrow as part of the world ride.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have those stamps. Any other dealers open on Sunday in the DFW area? I already have Longhorn, Adam Smith, Ft.Worth Harley, Corinth, Adam Smith in Fort Worth and Sherman and Paris. Looking for more stamps in greater DFW area. On a Sunday.

Thanks
Glenn

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I woke up this morning at 3 a.m. and hit the road at 3:12a.m. Rode to San Antonio from Fort Worth. Worked my way back and hit all the dealerships on I-35 and Fort Hood. I logged 8 stamps today. Had fun and looking forward to the weekend to get more. I have met a lot of good people doing this and am enjoying the ride and scenary. With the exception of a couple of knuckleheaded drivers it's been a blast.

Have a good one

Glenn

·
Registered
544 Posts
I made it to the SA stores during the HOG rally, good runs on Saturday but all the stores between there and Dallas were closed on Sunday. I did pickup my remaining DFW area stamps this weekend, will schedule Houston and Austin run for 4th of July long weekend!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is cool. I laid out my plans last night for the Houston area runs and the west Texas runs. I plan on getting all stamps signed. Not planning on winning the Harley but it would be nice. I am just enjoying checking out all the dealerships and people. Every time I stop I buy a poker chip to give to my wife. I Find it funny that some give them away and some charge. I dont mind paying. it is just funny that the cashiers at times get upset that I am only charging to the CC a dollar and change.

See Ya'll down the road.

Glenn

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
That is cool. I laid out my plans last night for the Houston area runs and the west Texas runs. I plan on getting all stamps signed. Not planning on winning the Harley but it would be nice. I am just enjoying checking out all the dealerships and people. Every time I stop I buy a poker chip to give to my wife. I Find it funny that some give them away and some charge. I dont mind paying. it is just funny that the cashiers at times get upset that I am only charging to the CC a dollar and change.

See Ya'll down the road.

Glenn
What cracks me up are prices. A lot are a buck but some go as high as 3! Greed I tell ya

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotta love it. Plan on wrapping up the DFW area dealers tomorrow then off to either the west dealerships or the south. Looking forward to it.

Glenn

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got back from Garland, Carrollton and Allen dealerships today. Plan on hitting Wichita Falls before the weekend. Then debating on either the Southern or the Western side of the state. I also still have to hit Texarkana. Having a blast. Also today all 3 dealerships had me pay for the poker chips. LOL

See Ya'll
Glenn Williams

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did a google search and it looks like Florida also has a Passport tour going. Anyone know of another tour??? I visited 4 dealers today - Garland, Grand Prairie, Carrollton and Corinth. I know there's a dealer that's open on Sunday, I may find them tomorrow as part of the world ride.
Texas Harley Davidson in Bedford and Fort Worth Harley Davidson in West Fort Worth are open on Sundays.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Made it back at 11:45 a.m. While at the dealership (I got there about an hour before it opened) some regulars were BSing in the parking lot and one of them was looking my bike over and noticed my rear tire looked low. I talked to the service tech and asked how much he would charge me to service both tires. The tech came out and not only aired up both tires but performed a tire check as well. Did not charge me anything. Got the stamp and a poker chip.

Nice Dealership as well. All there were friendly.

Regards
Glenn Williams

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got bored after this morning's ride and spent the last 4 hours detailing my scooter. Man having wide white walls is nice and all but they sure do pick up dirt real quick. Their nice and white now. Won't be for long though. Going on the road this weekend for more stamps.

Glenn

1 - 20 of 20 Posts