Harley Davidson Forums banner

Patching drilled hole in V&H exhaust

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  samg 
#1 ·
I have a set of V&H pro pipes on my Heritage, and went on a 250 mile trip this weekend, and man, my ears were toast when all was said and done. So I called V&H to see what I could do to quieten those pipes down, they are rated at 104 db. They didn't have a product for that pipe that would do what I wanted it to do, so they referred me to Big City Thunder here in the Charlotte area. I called them, and they suggested a baffle of theirs, called a Thunder Monster baffle.
So I picked one up, slipped the muffler off, predrilled a hole in the muffler to attach the baffle inline in the pipe, attached the new baffle, installed it back on the bike, and it sounds much better to my ears. They estimate that the baffle reduces the noise level by 30%. There is a great difference. What was killing me was running the bike at 70-75 turning 3k rpm, it was killing my ears. Took it back up on the interstate after attaching this baffle, big difference.
Question is, I had to drill a hole in the bottom of the muffler to set the screw that holds the inline baffle in place, and of course now I have a bit of exhaust coming out of the hole. Any suggestions as to how I should repair this hole? Or does it matter?
I have attached some pics so you can see what I have done.
Thanks for the imput.
Sam G

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.