Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost remember this, I do kinda remember it. I was living close to where it happened at the time.
Paula Cooper Release: Ind. woman sentenced to death at 16 to leave prison - Crimesider - CBS News

Anyway it started the topic at work over the death penalty.

What the big deal on the whole thing was people who commit muder and a savage one at that can change after 10, 20 or thirty years while waiting on death row??? and be set FREE???

The grandson of victim was all for this women getting out of prison??
Two guys after reading story said grandson ought to be in cell with women.
I really have only two thoughts on it...should death penalty be done sooner??....Should this womans life sentence been upheld? she was spared the death penalty, but set free!! How forgiving are you and why???

·
Registered
513 Posts
If anyone ever murdered anyone in my close family, the only reason I'd want the cops involved is if I didn't know who did it.

I've never been real forgiving when it comes to some things.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
There needs to be a limitation on how long they can be on death row before time runs out. If they cannot prove your innocence within 10 years or 3 failed appeals......You die.

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
I would only offer "forgiveness" as I was pulling the power switch to the chair!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,004 Posts
It is telling that the victim's grandson is willing to allow this. The brainwashing that has been going on in schools and in the media over the years has been a lot more effective than we'd like to believe.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
If they were going to let her go free, they should have waited until she was as old as the victim when attacks happen. Then she could see how easy it is living at the age of 80 something!!

What can you say about grandson??? Good that he is so forgiving or he just nuts???

Let all killers free when they served 50 yrs or to old to harm anyone??

Sure this convict is not the same person as she was at time she murder that old lady, but prison rarely has made a better person outta people.

Would like to she what she does with her life??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts