Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of us have parts we'd let people in need have for shipping costs or free if we knew that the item was needed, such as chasarms offering the fork mounted wind deflectors if anyone wants them. I've offered my old windshield bag to Pooh, and I have his shipping information so it will go out one day next week.

I would like to start a pay it forward post in the General section so hopefully everyone from Sportster owners, up to and including touring bike owners can participate.

Pictures of the item as well as an accurate discription including manufacturer, part number (if available) and a list or picture of any defects should be included.

·
Try'n to behave
5,526 Posts
Good idea. Don't know that I have anything anybody can use or will want, but I'll start looking through my parts.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Sounds like a great idea! Don't have a lot of scooter parts layin around, as of yet, but ya never know. The gun section is a great idea also!

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
Have already had several Members step up with things. They would not even take a dime for shipping.
Will make an inventory once T~S is done.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I'd be glad to take a handout...... :laugh

I don't have much laying around, but I will see what I have.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,662 Posts
Hope this isn't off topic, but the pay it forward thing hit me hard a week or two ago.

I was at a gas station putting gas in my truck, a young guy is pumping gas and sayin hello to everyone and nobody even speaks back and everyone is looking grumpy!

He finally ask me How I'm doing? and I say fine how bout you? he said doing good hope winters over and I said I hope so too.. ready for some nice weather.

He splits and heads down the highway, I go in and the gal in there said that kid paid for twenty dollars of my gas....What?

I don't think I'm lookin" that pitiful but who knows? just off work so who knows?

On my way home for some reason that act of kindness from a total stranger hit me like a ton of bricks....I can't even begin to tell you all, I almost had a tear in my eye and when I told my wife she did, probably just cause she knew it had made a impact on me.....

Since then I think I have done three things to "pay it forward" to my fellow man.

Gave a old lady couple bucks she was short of at the grocery store, help a old man at the gas station get his old pick-up going, his old two barrel carb had some stuff come loose and helped a nurse who was on the highway with a flat tire..she had a spare and that was it no jack no lug wrench? she acted like she was a little afraid of me, she always stayed on other side of car and had her cell phone in her hand?

I would have done those things anyway, I just finally noticed after someone did something for me?

Anyway..good idea!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in...

I have the stock air cleaner assembly taken off when I bought the bike new. It is simply collecting dust in the garage. If anyone can use it it's there's.

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
I have a stock horn cover from a softail, a pair of stock pegs and stock exhaust for a Fatboy/Deuce 96 motor, maybe some other stuff

1 - 20 of 191 Posts