Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Pearl White is a 2007 RKC barn find. Now that winter has kicked in already its time to tastefully upgrade this stock classic. I am starting with Heritage Style Bars. Hate the stock bars and think these keep the classic look. While in "there" I plan to replace the light bucket grommets, install LED head lamp, and add the one piece knurled bar clamp.. Then LED aux lights, then LED turns front and rear with a LED tail.
I plan to replace the air shocks with a CVO set. At some point this winter I will get new Dunlop 402 wide white tires installed. I also plan to dump and refill the crank, trans, primary fluids then heavy bleed the brakes. I have already 90% level detailed the bike and will continue to clean the bike, control surface rust spots, touch up paint, anywhere I move my wrench.
This bike currently has 4800 miles on it. So far I have purged and cleaned the fuel system and injectors and will change the plugs before next season. oil and lubed everything. Treated all leather parts. This bike came with big pipes that decell popped terribly. I did add DK custom inserts that stopped that and the bike sounds much better.
My plans for a bit down the road will include replacing the time chain shoes with better aftermarket types, While in there might look at an appropriate cam upgrade for some more torque. Might think about compensator upgrade.
I have questions in my mind about the windshield height and seat comfort but those questions will be answered when the n Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle
ew bars are installed. As for bling I like those front fender rails to go with the saddlebag rails the bike came with. I would add to go with the CVO shocks I will in the future add new fork springs to better control flex and front end dive.
I always liked the 07 96 and I am very excited about next riding season on this goodlooking motor scooter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These bars are plug and play without new cables and wires and that is about all I need. I like Apes but for this bike I am looking for old school stock at first glance.
I like LEDs but this does detract from old school. But to get the bars off my hands are right there to swap out the lights. Did it to my other non LED Harleys and its a great upgrade. I did have a 2020 Heritage Classic Special 114 and it was a top notch bike until it developed a scary engine noise at 1200 miles. I had the dealer buy it back and I road home on a 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. The Honda is a great bike but kind of disappointed with the M8. So I started to look for a 2007/08 Twin Cam RKC that I will probably never sell.
I am glad my wife blots out my Motorcycle passions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts