Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my beloved grandfather used to say: it never hurts to look around you.
So, being a novice Harley enthusiast, that's exactly what I'll be doing the most in the next couple of months.

But first things first. I know it is just polite to let you know who this "Coyotee" is, that's lurking in the shadows or asking dumb questions.

I am a (currently) single lady from Belgium - you know, that tiny little country on the west side of Europe that is mostly known for its chocolate and beer (according to president Obama, that is).
My job is IT related but I'm not going to elaborate about that, since 'non-IT people' probably don't give rat's back side about software deployment systems or application virtualization. Suffice to say I'm a bit of a geek girl.

I've been riding motorcycles - on and off - for about 15 years but I had to wait until now to make that one dream of being an actual part of the Harley family come true.
In short, that story goes as follows:
Got married - bought and renovated a house together - bought my first bike - bought another one - marriage crashed and burned - bike and house got sold - had to start all over again on my own.

I travelled my share of kilometres (sorry people, metric system over here ;) ) on two wheels but as for Harley Davidson, I'm a total virgin. OK, that sounds wrong. But I'm sure you get the gist of it.
Also, if you read between the lines, that's my pre-emptive excuse for the possibly stupid questions or comments I might post out here. Know that they are unintended and I promise to try and keep them to a minimum.

I'm not a mechanic but I used to do some minor tinkering on my bikes and I really want to learn to take care of my Harley, so most of the stupid questions will be related to maintenance and customization. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. First, I suppose I have some catching-up to do. So this little Coyote is going to be 'nice and quiet' at first.
And anyway, generally I am a sweet person. Only not that little as I make it sound. At over 6 feet, I suppose you could say I'm a 'tall gall'. Mostly due to my father's Dutch genes, no doubt.

As for the nickname, that's kind of an embarrassing story, really. Let's just say that some friends gave me that name to pester me with because of some silly things I did when I was 'young and stupid'.
But over time, I grew quite fond of it and now that I am no longer young but only stupid, I'm rather proud of it. I even consider designing a logo for whenever I have the funds to give my bike a make-over.

In the mean time, the most important thing on the agenda - with the summer coming up - is:

Ride like hell, as fast as my angels can fly.

Nice meeting you all.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Great intro and welcome from Wisconsin, USA. Land of cheese and beer and that's got nothing to do with our worthless president. Post a pic or 2 with your scooter and we all have newbie questions about things we haven't done before.

·
Bird Whisperer
1,742 Posts
That's an awesome introduction! Welcome from Michigan.

If you have any questions about Harleys you'll find the answers here. The members of this forum provide a wealth of knowledge.....and a lot of laughs! Welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
12,743 Posts
If only all intro's could be that good.

One part reminded me of an autobiography called "6'-2" and worth the climb". Best book title ever, and no, I never read it.

Welcome!

·
2,327 Posts
That's an incredible intro..Glad you're here. Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Excellent introduction, Coyotee, and welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
39,570 Posts
Welcome.

When I was stationed in the UK, I got the chance to ride my Harley through Belgium and attend a motorcycle rally there on the beach.

I'd love the chance to go back some time. If I had to pick only one country to visit there, it would be Belgium.

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!
Some of my favorite firearms are from your neighborhood!

·
old scoot coot
3,707 Posts
welcome to the forum from s.e. kansas. these guys are very knowledgable and can help you with any information you need. have fun and be happy. tommy

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Greetings from Left Coast other wise known as California. Coyotes are known to be smart. So welcome to forum Awesome intro.

PS: Don't pay any attention to our president, we don't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It fills my heart with joy to receive such a warm welcome.
Thank you so much, guys.

And by the way buckshot85, pics will be posted, as soon as the scooter is back in one piece (no accident, just some of that 'minor tinkering' ;)) and I find a willing photographer.

PS: Don't pay any attention to our president, we don't.
No worries, Billy. I don't do politics, I prefer to do fun things.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts