Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me begin by thanking everyone who has assisted me in wrenching on my own. Another situation...parts. After much googling, I cannot find the front upper OEM or re-pop frame reflector I need for my '98 Dyna Convertible.
Can anyone help me find the part?
Thank you!

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,706 Posts
Reactions: DobsonFly

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,967 Posts
But why? This is usually the first mod done on any bike is to remove those. I don't think I have ever seen a Harley outside of a brand new one in the showroom that didn't have all the reflectors peeled off.

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,706 Posts
Thank you Kainam.
I emailed them to ask for a for a photo to make sure it's the right part. They didn't show one on their site.
Cheers!
I got the part number from here

Pretty sure I've used them in the past to order obsolete parts.

·
Retired citizen
25,593 Posts
Those '98 Dyna frame reflectors are obsolete. Replaced on '00 models with 59481-00 R.H. and 59482-00 L.H. fork slider reflectors. Ronnie's.

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
44,706 Posts
Yes, they do. Less one now. They confirmed my model is the correct fitment, and I've already placed it on order. Don't ask how much one costs though. 😱

Kainam, do those glue on?
I believe they are black 3M Automotive tape.

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,967 Posts
Some tips for getting the tape to stick well: clean the area thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol, then when you are ready stick it on, rub it to warm it up a bit before peeling off the backing, press and hold for no less than 30 seconds, but 1-3 minutes is better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts