Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,583 Posts
Cool pics, but I'm getting tired of seeing those things in person this week. Had to fly back to OK due to a death in the family. Thursday was my wife's birthday, so I took her to eat at the Texas Roadhouse on 71st in Tulsa. That's where we were when the tornado came through Broken Arrow. Jared, you probably know where I'm talking about.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool pics, but I'm getting tired of seeing those things in person this week. Had to fly back to OK due to a death in the family. Thursday was my wife's birthday, so I took her to eat at the Texas Roadhouse on 71st in Tulsa. That's where we were when the tornado came through Broken Arrow. Jared, you probably know where I'm talking about.
Yes I know exactly where u are talking about. I rode through that area the day after, this year the tornadoes have been gunning at all the populated areas, so we now see the death toll rise. I can not believe the video of all the people that were in there cars running from the storm that hit El Reno. Alot of chasers showed up there and also the general public fleeing like some very well known people had told them to do during the Moore tornado, just tragic the death toll was from people in there cars. You might know of Tim Samaras & Carl Young? They were on the hit discovery show "Storm Chasers", they passed away due to the above problem and being caught with no place to go.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
Jared did you see that Tim's son Paul was with them also? It's so sad that it took a genius like him. I've looked up to Tim since I started chasing when I was a dumb kid & didn't know any better!!! My daughters and i had ran with some storms the day before on the cells that came through winnewood area and they got to meet some of the TVN crew in dominator 1. The damage path of that El Reno tornado just caught em off guard bcuz it shifted north so quickly off it's original track. We should be outta this in about another week & then it all shifts north a bit for chase season.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that is really terrible and could not imagine the now widowed Kathy Samaras...... Could not imagine the pain and grief she must be feeling. The only thing I think I can say positive is they died doing something they loved. No doubt they all went the way they would have chosen as bad as it may sound. El Reno tornado was caught by the radar truck and after analyzing the data its now the widest tornado in history. 2.6miles wide and 300mph winds. It was so big that its said theres no way for anyone to have been able to see exactly how big it actually was. No wonder why so many vids of people barely escaping the beast. Hey u feel like lawton this weekend?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Scary stuff! Sounds like this year, theres a lot more tornados hitting or that they're just getting reported by the news a lot more.

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
Yes that is really terrible and could not imagine the now widowed Kathy Samaras...... Could not imagine the pain and grief she must be feeling. The only thing I think I can say positive is they died doing something they loved. No doubt they all went the way they would have chosen as bad as it may sound. El Reno tornado was caught by the radar truck and after analyzing the data its now the widest tornado in history. 2.6miles wide and 300mph winds. It was so big that its said theres no way for anyone to have been able to see exactly how big it actually was. No wonder why so many vids of people barely escaping the beast. Hey u feel like lawton this weekend?

Let me see what the fam has planned. I'm going to the frisco meet n greet today. It would b awesome if u could shake loose & go with me to meet Pipe,Lake & the guys!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Amazing pictures!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts