Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got a 2000 Cyclone M2 for $3k with 22k on the odo. Bike was well taken care of and has a few aftermarket goodies. I hate the aircleaner he put on it. It's one of the hyperchargers and does not look right on the bike. Vance and Hines exhaust, jet kit. EBC front rotor. Bar end mirrors a corbin seat and luggage rack. Molten orange. Love the bike and have wanted one for awhile. My plans are to make it into a custom with an aftermarket frame. But since thats a yr or 2 away I plan on having fun riding it the way it is. Awesome torque for a sporty engine. Nice and smooth at 80mph Seating position ok and damn the grips are hard. Anyway found out I'm getting old on the second ride. Rolled on in first and pulled the front wheel. Very easy but when I sat it down I whacked my knee on the air cleaner. That sucker doesn't move. I was a block from the house and it was all I could do to not stop right there and walk it off. This thing is TALL. I have to drop it down. Tippy toes as it is and can barley get enough grip to push it up a hill. I can't wait till i can afford the frame kit but also want to take off on it just like it is.
Idle circut in carb was plugged when I got it and it didn't want to idle at all. I was constantlly blipping the throttle to keep it running. Figured out the front brake will put you over the bars in a hurry. While riding home sitting in traffic I'd blip the throttle ease out on the clutch and it would hop forward. Then I'd two finger the brake and it just STOPS. Started just using rear and made it home. Now that it idles you can breathe on the lever and it stops so good and smooth. All I can say is the custom will have enough whoo for the go.

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sfarson It is beautiful out there. One of our regular ride routes. Nice to stop at the dam and go swimming in the middle or the ride.

EZE that's was always my thinking. Of idle torque is amazing. Nice up right position. What little I've been able to ride it I realized quickly if testing the handling I had to speed up. Turn in is quick so at "normal" speeds I guess I'd describe it as twitchy but I have not adjusted preload or rebound/compression yet either. Like I said earlier this thing is tall but with a 33" inseam it doesn't take much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
An M2 is a great all-around bike. Congrats. You should talk to NRHS and get one of their Hurricaneflow A/Cs, 2" offset version. It'll use a sportster style HamCam cover, make clearance for your knee, and give a couple extra HP to boot. Corbin seats are very comfy, but I don't like how they push you further back in the saddle than the stocker, so my Corbin is getting rebuilt and recovered to put me more forward on my S2. If you have a way to lift the bike and get the front shock mount off, you could have a welder extend the front mount 1-2" to lower the rear. Just remember that a 1" extension will lower the bike more than just 1" because of the leverage points.

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added a spacer to the a/c to get it off the frame. The guy before me had it rigged on. Now it's fine and the knee isn't directed directly at the corner. Does put a little heat out next to the thigh though. Have thought about wrapping the pipes but learned to just turn y knee out and let some air flow between it and the exhaust. I'll agree the corbin does let me slide forward and back a bit.

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
I added a spacer to the a/c to get it off the frame. The guy before me had it rigged on. Now it's fine and the knee isn't directed directly at the corner. Does put a little heat out next to the thigh though. Have thought about wrapping the pipes but learned to just turn y knee out and let some air flow between it and the exhaust. I'll agree the corbin does let me slide forward and back a bit.

cool bike!
i think i could hurt myself on that bike, its a corner taker for sure.
Nice!
g

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
I meant that using the curb already!:rofl:
5 gallon bucket? or a nice set of training wheels?
heck theres gotta be a way!:lol8

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I lean onto one foot. Or should I say toe....

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do they come in molten orange?

·
I'm your huckleberry
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is a tall bike, do ya feel stable when your on it?
g
Oh yeah. Like I said in my observations when I got it in feb it's a little twitchy at slow speeds. Turns in quick. Speed up a little and it's stable as can be. The suspension is amazingly adjustable also. preload front and rear plus compression and rebound front and rear. Smooth as silk at 2500 rpms and above. Will do the 140 that's on the speedo. It's cool as heck watchin it back itself out of the garage.

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
Oh yeah. Like I said in my observations when I got it in feb it's a little twitchy at slow speeds. Turns in quick. Speed up a little and it's stable as can be. The suspension is amazingly adjustable also. preload front and rear plus compression and rebound front and rear. Smooth as silk at 2500 rpms and above. Will do the 140 that's on the speedo. It's cool as heck watchin it back itself out of the garage.
well, it wont be long till you and worm are at the track together!
i'd love to take that bike for a spin in the canyons....oh yeh...!:thumb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts