Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealership today to take pics of the Roadking that had the warped bag, that I noted, as I promised Lil. The bike was sold.... However, I took some pics of other bags that I noted some flaws in them, but NONE of them were warped, like Lil's bags and the other bike I saw.

I noted flaws in the leather, in the substructures showing through and even in slight fitment, but none with noticably warped lids.

Of all the "flaws" I saw, I would have to say that I'd have to attribute it to simply making bags out of leather, which is a soft, pliable material that isn't going to have the same characteristics as plastic or fiberglass. BUT, out of all of them, again, none of the lids were warped.

This lid had lines through the lid, in the leather on one bag, and not the other.

On this one, you'll note the fitment issue with the end of the left bag. I even undid the lid and attempted to get it to fit better, but with no better results. There was a flaw on the right bag. It looks like a scuff from someone's foot, but it's an indentation in the leather.

This one, you can see the crested lines of the substructure through the lid.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hmm. If these bikes were used and I know they are not, I wouldnt mind the minor imperfections but brand new at these prices I would not accept the top or middle bags. On a side note, Did they always cut two slashes in the side of the seat for the passenger stap hold?

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems to only be on the 105th anniversery models....:confused:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Dave,
Thank you so much for going out of your way for me.
What it seems like to me is that the quality control in the bag department is downright poor. These and the Queen's bags are proof of it. More people who are dissatisfied, like myself, need to complain and make them fix the problems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hate to say this but..... have a friend who works at the local dealership. They get what they call Monday/Friday bikes all the time. They have gotten brand new bikes in with the logos on upside down (and that's just the most minor problem). they have decided it was because they were either made on Friday when everyone was in a hurry to go home for the weekend or on Monday when they were still hung over from the weekend. At any rate, the quality control is lacking a great deal of the time. I hate that about your bags but surely they will replace them won't they?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts