I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. :thumbsup

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
So I'll do a before and after again.

Old pics of my custom 1950 Panhead chopper.

What she looks like now.

·
PAY UP SUCKA
195 Posts
This is my 05 custom. It is currently in pieces pending a rat rod retro.....I got it used and just couldnt stand the blaze orange.

Attachments

·
What?
3,256 Posts
wow, we got some kewl customs and chops here
makes me wonder if my bike qualifies as a custom, a chop or a softail
Who gives a schitt, just post the damn picture Josh.... :laugh

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's pics of my suicide clutched,jockey shifted,flipped,shaved,stretched and mono-shocked swing arm shovel in it's early stage which is now approx 80 percent complete.The forward controls are temporary and will be replaced when my homemade version is complete.I sent a set of late 30s NOS rubber Rolls Royce clutch/brake pedal pads to a friend who is sand casting them in aluminum for me.I either had,traded for or made every part by hand mostly with the use of a 45 year old drill press and a $300 dollar Swiss made belt sander.Every piece of steel,pipe and aluminum was from the scrap pile and started out used,dirty and bent and had to be straightened,hammered,ground and polished flat prior to use.I paid $2600 for a 73 FX and only the lower end,tranny and 1/2 of the frame remain.Since starting this build I have spent a total of $87.65...for a model A Ford spare tire ring,2 AutoZone spark plug wire holders and a pair of lifter base gaskets.Even the rocker boxes,S&S oil pump and Morris Magneto I traded parts for that I got for free!By the way I deal in oem Harley and vintage chopper parts for a living,but prefer to make my own from non motorcycle parts.If all goes as planned,the only added expense will be for 3 qts of oil and 2 gallons of gas...thanks for looking...Junker.

·
Gitchy some!
541 Posts
Junker73hd Holly Chit! Nice build! I wish I knew how to do all that, maybe someday. So the open primary cover is made out of individual chains welded together!?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Junker73hd Holly Chit! Nice build! I wish I knew how to do all that, maybe someday. So the open primary cover is made out of individual chains welded together!?
Thanks man!!I rode my first shovel for 15 years and 1 of the primary chains is from it,the other came from the 73 in the pics.They're welded solid and the guard weighs 7lbs!

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks man!!I rode my first shovel for 15 years and 1 of the primary chains is from it,the other came from the 73 in the pics.They're welded solid and the guard weighs 7lbs!

I knew I saw that bike before....... the mono-shock rear stuck in my head. The carb and intake as well.

You post at JJ don't you?

·
Gitchy some!
541 Posts
Jay,

That's a steal man! Why can't I ever find deals like that...

-Rohan
Yeah I guess the guy who sold it was like I got this old Harley laying around you can have it for 7 K if you want it. My buddy said um sure :whoa. Guy did'nt know what he had.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts