Harley Davidson Forums banner
1381 - 1400 of 1435 Posts

·
American
32,433 Posts
ha! i do that all the time. i ride down the street talking to myself and i'm not even embarrassed if someone asks who i was talking too. i did see what you are talking about they other night and yep i was answering my own question. i stumbled onto that question i asked dave before taking my summer ride in the rockies with brian. after that ride i was reminded of how his home ridding environment is so i just went ahead and answered myself. i was waiting to see who would notice. jeff is always right on the ball! my wife doesn't even ask who i'm talking to anymore, sometimes dad or others, more often than not myself. :sneaky:
Im okay with it Tommy! I’m the same way. Even kinda consider it a public service. 😂

Reactions: tommytailspin

·
Registered
2016 FLHTP
19 Posts
Greetings All. Although my second post, allow this to be my intro one. I currently spend time between New England and Colorado and have ridden and worked on bikes for decades, aka I'm old.

I've had and worked a number of Harleys over the years but have been without one for a while. So I picked up a used & very much abused 2016 FLHTP - a testimony to the strength and durability of the crash bars. It started off life as a training bike and has very low miles because of it. Being a police bike the radios were ripped out of it before passing it on to some idiot (me). It's been fun (?) sorting through the spaghetti to see what needs to kept and what needs to be further removed.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

The good folks at Biketronics helped make use of some of the wiring and filling the voids. After flushing, filters, and fluids the bike runs great and doesnt look bad from 10' away...!
Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Plant

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Nice. Welcome. And your not old you are “seasoned” lol. It’s amazing at the circus that hides behind those fairings isn’t it

·
Registered
Mr. James
2,716 Posts
That’s a twin cam. I thought 99 still had evo motors? Or was 99 the first year of twin cam? Nice looking bike tho. Someone has took care of it.
'99 was first year for TC.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
'99 was first year for TC.
Ahh. I just been remembering wrong. Knew it was somewhere along there. I had a 97 before the twin cam. That thing had 167k miles when I sold it. Best motor is ever had never did anything but normal maintenance stuff

1381 - 1400 of 1435 Posts