Harley Davidson Forums banner
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
4,010 Posts
Been a while, I keep changing stuff on occasion, then I don't take any "glamor shots" and pretty much all the pics I have are out-dated. I decided to half ass two pictures the other day, which will be also not up-to-date once tax money comes in and I replace that V&H exhaust with a D&D Fat Cat.

I'm also too lazy to scout a good location for snapping some better pics or trying to figure out the best angles/shots to take. She's a busy one, makes it harder to shoot 1 or 2 pics that shows most of everything, a lot going on, no fancy smooth lines... happens sometimes when you put function over form.
Plant Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
45,094 Posts
Been a while, I keep changing stuff on occasion, then I don't take any "glamor shots" and pretty much all the pics I have are out-dated. I decided to half ass two pictures the other day, which will be also not up-to-date once tax money comes in and I replace that V&H exhaust with a D&D Fat Cat.

I'm also too lazy to scout a good location for snapping some better pics or trying to figure out the best angles/shots to take. She's a busy one, makes it harder to shoot 1 or 2 pics that shows most of everything, a lot going on, no fancy smooth lines... happens sometimes when you put function over form.
View attachment 807427 View attachment 807428
Very clean. 👍

·
Registered
Leftover 2019 FXDRS 114
85 Posts
I went with the advice of the mechanic and parts guys at the shop. They (Sandys Harley Davidson in Fremont, MI) walked me through their work shop and started a few bikes so I could hear the difference in 3 different cams. They all had different exhaust systems so not exactly apples to apples, but I got to hear what I wanted.

I went with a T-Man 475lift (I think its a model 216-2). Adding a S&S oil pump and cam plate, Blow 2-2 exhaust and a new air intake. Not sure I'll be happy with performance of the 2-2 pipes, but I'll be sure to report back here with results.

Great shop BTW. No bullshit. No attitudes. There to help you get what you want. Its an hour longer drive for me past the local HD dealer, but worth the drive.

·
Registered
2019 Heritage Classic 114
30 Posts
I went with the advice of the mechanic and parts guys at the shop. They (Sandys Harley Davidson in Fremont, MI) walked me through their work shop and started a few bikes so I could hear the difference in 3 different cams. They all had different exhaust systems so not exactly apples to apples, but I got to hear what I wanted.

I went with a T-Man 475lift (I think its a model 216-2). Adding a S&S oil pump and cam plate, Blow 2-2 exhaust and a new air intake. Not sure I'll be happy with performance of the 2-2 pipes, but I'll be sure to report back here with results.

Great shop BTW. No bullshit. No attitudes. There to help you get what you want. Its an hour longer drive for me past the local HD dealer, but worth the drive.
Nice, I went with the S&S 475 cam, oil pump, cam plate, tappets, tappet guides, chain tensioner, FuelMoto push rods, Bassani Radial Sweepers. Motor’s half Harley and half S&S, lol. Powervision tune from FuelMoto, planning on a dyno run next month. Sounds like we’re going to be possibly close in power band. Good luck with your project and let us know how it turns out.

·
Banned
1997 FLSTC Soft Tail Heritage Deluxe
483 Posts
Here is my 1997 FLSTC:

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Motor is stock but have made the following cosmetic changes:

1. Mustang Touring Seat
2. Truck Light LED Head Light
3. HD LED Passing Lights
4. Custom Driver/Passenger Foot Boards
5. Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
6. Highway Bars
7. Updated Saddle Bags

To be done in the near future:

1. Carby rebuild
2. Andrews 27 Cam
3. Dyna 2000 Ignition
4. Vance and Hines Shortshots Staggered (Chrome)
5 Vance and Hines Air Filters
6. Memphis Shades Dark Black Smoke with Black Straps 15" Wind Screen
7. New Tank Decals

201 - 220 of 247 Posts