Harley Davidson Forums banner
241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Recently a 1989 Softail followed me home, and I just had to keep her. The previous owner bought her new at Dudley Perkins in San Francisco in 1988, and put every possible upgrade on her over the years. He was not a rider though, and the bike only has about 20K miles. I can live with that.

I got lucky with this bke, I learned of it through word-of-mouth, friend-to-friend. I went over to see the bike, talked to the previous owner for an hour, he fired it up. I didn't even test ride the bike, didn't haggle over price, I just asked him how he wanted payment.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are a few pics of my Softail... Under construction... Project "BBB" (Big Booty Bagger)

2018 Breakout 114 with Road Glide Front Fairing,

Tire Wheel Motorcycle helmet Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Fuel tank

I still want to add a 23" front rim & tire with a full wrap fender and add some sort of Chin Spoiler... may add the Road Glide fairing covers to the front.. Again, Its all under construction.

For those with deep pockets, you may ask...Why didnt you just buy a road glide... For me, I own my BO, So I didnt want nor can I afford a monthly payment on a 35,000 bike... So adding the Road Glide fairing will set me back around 3,000-5,000 BEFORE paint... Thats a whole lot cheaper than buying a new bike. And That FAT AZZ rear view gets a whole lot of thumbs up when riding on the highway while in a sea of Road Glides. <--- everyone has one.

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Attachments

·
Registered
21 LowRider S
45,094 Posts
Recently a 1989 Softail followed me home, and I just had to keep her. The previous owner bought her new at Dudley Perkins in San Francisco in 1988, and put every possible upgrade on her over the years. He was not a rider though, and the bike only has about 20K miles. I can live with that.

I got lucky with this bke, I learned of it through word-of-mouth, friend-to-friend. I went over to see the bike, talked to the previous owner for an hour, he fired it up. I didn't even test ride the bike, didn't haggle over price, I just asked him how he wanted payment.

View attachment 813509 View attachment 813510
Can tell it's not an 88 or earlier, those had Hitachi starters. HD used Denso starters from 89 on.

Reactions: ranbush
241 - 247 of 247 Posts