Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I set off at a little after 7am to go find the Pig Trail in north west Arkansas and to make it over to Pig Trail Harley Davidson in Rogers, Rogers Arkansas.

This is loosely the route I took.

I first Stopped in Eureka Springs at the Pig Trail Harley Satellite store.
pigtrailEureka.JPG

Then I headed for the Pig Trail Scenic Byway. At first it was just Scenic.
view.JPG

Then it got Serious.
crookedandsteep.JPG

That Sign is no Joke.
notajoke.JPG

The Pig Trail was a fun ride, a little short, but fun. From there I ended up in Ozark, Ar and then back up to Rogers, Ar to visit Pig Trail Harley.

pigtrailrogers.JPG

By far the largest dealership anywhere near me and full of bikes and accessroies.

From there, I rode back to Eureka Springs stopped at Two Dumb Dames and picked up a couple of peanut butter cups. They are awesome and the wife loves them two. Then on back home to pick up the wife from work. We had a nice dinner at Colton's in Springfield and then saw this on the way home.

rainbow.JPG

Around 400 miles or so, a great day.

Sorry that I don't have many pictures, I was riding solo and well, I was riding, not pic taking.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,289 Posts
Great trip, pics, and details! I was stationed in New Orleans when Katrina hit and that is the area I evac'd to.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The Pig Trail is a great ride.

One time I thought I could see my tail light.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Great area to ride ...Love it and do it several times a year...

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The Pig Trail is a great ride.

One time I thought I could see my tail light.
It is, for, sure the twistiest section of road, I've ridden in a long time, I thought I saw my own trunk on several occasions.

The part I didn't tell in the opening post was about the 3 guys on Electra Glides talking it up at pig trail in Eureka springs, they were gonna be so bad azz! I followed them out on lowly "Bat Bob" , they made it about 20 miles outside of Eureka and they decided it was too dangerous fire them, which was fine with me, they were slowing down to smell each individual flower...

They made their decision right after the first one of those delicious "crooked & steep" signs.

I saw them when I returned to Eureaka later in the day, two off them were wearing "I did the pig trail shirts" wouldn't usually bother me but every store I stopped at was
Sold out of Large shirts! I know they got them!

No worries though, I'll just have too ride back and get one in a week or so. :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for posting the pics. I'm heading down that way in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
LOL, couple years ago I thought I was just tearing the crap out of the Pig Trail on my 800 Suzuki..............then a guy on a Harley with a side car passed me.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I agree , the pig trail is beautiful . A really great ride . So great I wished it would go on forever . Just isn't long enough .
Nothing wrong with slowing down & smelling the roses . Those big EG have a lot of advantages but steep curvy hills isn't one of them . But for the big Dyna's , its what they were built for .
Can't wait to get back up there around Eureka Springs !

Ride Safe & Ride Righteous !

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
.Mt.Nebo is steep and curvy...Pig Trail is just a nice ride...:laugh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts