Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here have Ultima Big Growl pipes on their Sporty?If so could you comment /post a pic.?I like the price was just wondering about quality/sound.thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I quess no one has the big growl's,I'll have to follow Dave63's post and knock the baffel's out of my SE II mufflers until I can find a reasonable priced set of pipes.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Well I quess no one has the big growl's,I'll have to follow Dave63's post and knock the baffel's out of my SE II mufflers until I can find a reasonable priced set of pipes.
Take a close look at your SE pipes, as the baffles may be bolted or riveted in. I'd hate to see you destroy baffles, only to find out you could have popped them out, and possibly reinstalled them at a later date, if necessary.....

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I put drag pipe slip-ons on my sporty for 100 bucks, got em on e-bay brand new. They have baffels in them but will come out by removing one bolt. Sound great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea thats my project for today,snows falling so at least another week of wet/icy roads,thanks for the heads up on the bolt/rivit holding the baffel in

·
Murdured HD
133 Posts
Ricky ... Let me know how the SE II pipes sound without the baffles. And also how it runs. I am very interested to know if its something that is worth doing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't get to it yet ,i'll post as soon as I do,I'm sure it'll need rejeting,I gotta do it the bike is too quiet for me,but I'm gonna replace the pipes as soon as work picks up again, I cant make up my mind as to what kind of pipes.

·
Murdured HD
133 Posts
I didn't get to it yet ,i'll post as soon as I do,I'm sure it'll need rejeting,I gotta do it the bike is too quiet for me,but I'm gonna replace the pipes as soon as work picks up again, I cant make up my mind as to what kind of pipes.
yeah, let me know ... i am anxious to know if taking the baffles out of the SE II pipes make them come alive .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts